Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why would I do that?

Point is, I do not know any overweight men who would not date an overweight woman. And in the circles I run in, there are lots of big dudes.

I know LOTS of overweight women, from personal experience and from online profiles, who will not consider overweight men. It's as simple as that.
You can't state which gender is worse online with requirements if you haven't read a lot of each.

Now you are talking about your own personal circle of acquaintances, which is fine... but that's not what the thread is about, nor is that what you responded to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 01:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
I think the stigma of online dating has a lot to do with it. If you tell people you're trying online dating, they'll be quick to tell you that you'll find nothing but fat, ugly girls and short, overweight nerdy guys on there. I think these fat guys asking for thin women know they're hypocrites. They don't care. They just don't want to validate what the naysayers said. When they show up with a thin girl, they'll gladly admit they met her online, if for no other reason than to prove to everyone else they're not some loser. But if they end up with someone who conforms to the stereotype, they'll be more reluctant to say they met them online. In their minds, it'll just confirm what people told them about online dating. "Oh look at you. You were so desperate to find a date, you went online and look what you ended up with. I told you so."

Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
You can't state which gender is worse online with requirements if you haven't read a lot of each.

Now you are talking about your own personal circle of acquaintances, which is fine... but that's not what the thread is about, nor is that what you responded to.
Acquaintances and personal experiences. I don't think I'm wrong here. I didn't say who was worse online. I said who was worse period.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
In fact, I'd say most women hate thin men far more then fat men. That is a topic for another thread, but it is the truth.
I think you should start that thread. I look forward to hearing the reasons why.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Maybe this is the key for everyone, male and female: the fantasy. So long is you are online, why not just go for the fantasy?

For the same reason honesty is the best policy: Because while we all want to put our best foot forward, if you're EVER going to advance and get anywhere then the other foot has to be forward at least 50 percent of the time!

I don't want a woman who exists only electronically; I want a woman I trust to have my back, a woman I trust so much that I feel free to tear her clothes off when she comes through the door and says "I'm home!", so I can pin her against that door, make her knees buckle and her body melt against mine and help her forget ALL about the other parts of her day.

Fantasy can't hold a candle to the reality of touch/taste/smell, let alone lick/bite/squeeze!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
For the same reason honesty is the best policy: Because while we all want to put our best foot forward, if you're EVER going to advance and get anywhere then the other foot has to be forward at least 50 percent of the time!

I don't want a woman who exists only electronically; I want a woman I trust to have my back, a woman I trust so much that I feel free to tear her clothes off when she comes through the door and says "I'm home!", so I can pin her against that door, make her knees buckle and her body melt against mine and help her forget ALL about the other parts of her day.

Fantasy can't hold a candle to the reality of touch/taste/smell, let alone lick/bite/squeeze!

Now that's a fantasy.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think the stigma of online dating has a lot to do with it. If you tell people you're trying online dating, they'll be quick to tell you that you'll find nothing but fat, ugly girls and short, overweight nerdy guys on there. I think these fat guys asking for thin women know they're hypocrites. They don't care. They just don't want to validate what the naysayers said. When they show up with a thin girl, they'll gladly admit they met her online, if for no other reason than to prove to everyone else they're not some loser. But if they end up with someone who conforms to the stereotype, they'll be more reluctant to say they met them online. In their minds, it'll just confirm what people told them about online dating. "Oh look at you. You were so desperate to find a date, you went online and look what you ended up with. I told you so."
Interesting perspective. You might be on to something.

Quote:
Acquaintances and personal experiences. I don't think I'm wrong here. I didn't say who was worse online. I said who was worse period.
As I just said, your opinion is fine and welcome, but that's not what the thread asks. It should be up to you to clarify without prompting, if you want to go on a personal tangent.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think you should start that thread. I look forward to hearing the reasons why.
I'd be interested too. Personally I'd prefer "too thin" over "too fat."

Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Now that's a fantasy.

You mean the trust part? Yeah, anymore I guess it is. I've been burned too many times, the scar tissue is pretty thick.

As for the rest of it... nah, good sex is easy if you not only enjoy it enough to make it last, but you savor your partner as well. I've got enough scars of the external kind on my back to say I know what I'm talking about.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I'd be interested too. Personally I'd prefer "too thin" over "too fat."

So would nearly every woman I've ever talked to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships