Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times

Advertisements

If the kids are put out to fend for themselves and grow up, eventually they will come back around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 07:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
She doesn`t have to choose between her kids and her husband.
This should not be a *choice* that this woman has to make.
It sounds like her kids are taking advantage of her, and she needs to take control.

Exactly

Old 04-10-2010, 07:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,918,943 times
This man does NOT hate the children (Adults). He married a woman and not the Adult children who think he should support them. There is a difference.

I married a woman with two small kids girl 4 and boy 2...and raised them until they were Legally Adults. This was my responsibility that I assumed.

The OP husband was not asked to raise/support his wifes Adult children, That came along after a newer home was purchased.

Seems to me that the wifes children are free loaders and unable to stand on their own two feet.

The poor guy is against the wall...wanting to save his marriage while having a headache thrown on his shoulders. He does not HATE them but just does not want to deal with them. (big difference)

Steve

Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
This man does NOT hate the children (Adults). He married a woman and not the Adult children who think he should support them. There is a difference.

I married a woman with two small kids girl 4 and boy 2...and raised them until they were Legally Adults. This was my responsibility that I assumed.

The OP husband was not asked to raise/support his wifes Adult children, That came along after a newer home was purchased.

Seems to me that the wifes children are free loaders and unable to stand on their own two feet.

The poor guy is against the wall...wanting to save his marriage while having a headache thrown on his shoulders. He does not HATE them but just does not want to deal with them. (big difference)

Steve

I would agree

Not to mention, he's already stepped up to be helpful by taking the grandchildren in, only to have aspersions cast about his character by the daughter. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me!

Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
I think your kids are the problem. If your daughter was that concerned that your husband would molest her kids, they shouldn't be at your home. Period. Sounds like she needs to get her act together as well as the others.

Your husband should also understand that this is also YOUR home and these are your children. I think an apology to the both of you is in order, and some boundaries need to be set, but your husband should not just decide your kids are banned from your home without any input from or consideration for you. That is completely unacceptable.

Let them all have it and show them you actually have a say.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,445 times
Kicking the children out doesn't mean chosing the husband, it means making sure they have to learn to fend for themselves. when they understand this they'll bounce back around and if hubby is still around they might have learned to respect him too...

Old 04-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Kicking the children out doesn't mean chosing the husband, it means making sure they have to learn to fend for themselves. when they understand this they'll bounce back around and if hubby is still around they might have learned to respect him too...

But it's important to note, they are far from "children" - they are all adult age, with the youngest being 26!

They are a little late to be learning some of these lessons, but better late than never

Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
oh no no no....why is it that because the kids are adults everyone is telling you to kick your kids out and stick with your husband??
if they were younger you would not say that.
your kids will always be YOURS. he is just someone that came into your life. your kids are the ones who will take care of you one way or another when you grow older. you cannot forsake your children for a mate who is not their parent--no matter what the age!
That's why he doesn't like them. Besides the fact that they're irresponsible, they are interfering in his relationship because his wife puts them over him.

If her daughter decided she didn't like him, and ACCUSED him of touching her kids--who should she believe? If one of those kids took $40 out of his wallet, and they denied it, who would she believe? You can't always put your kids above your partner.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:35 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
oh no no no....why is it that because the kids are adults everyone is telling you to kick your kids out and stick with your husband??
if they were younger you would not say that.
your kids will always be YOURS. he is just someone that came into your life. your kids are the ones who will take care of you one way or another when you grow older. you cannot forsake your children for a mate who is not their parent--no matter what the age!
While I don't agree with how the hubby is handling things, there is nothing, so far, that suggests that these kids will be the ones taking care of her when she is old and grey. That being just a possibility, and even if it was a certainty, it is no reason to enable them. Not enabling them is not forsaking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
That's why he doesn't like them. Besides the fact that they're irresponsible, they are interfering in his relationship because his wife puts them over him.
I saw nothing in her post that indicated she put her kids before him.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
^She takes them in and tends to their problems, instead of expecting them to take care of their own problems. They are ADULTS--it's time to sink or swim!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships