Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times

Advertisements

Say you had met someone online about a year and a half ago, a long time I know, but you dated a few times, even kissed (so obviously we liked each other) and for whatever reason you didn't actively pursue but didn't actively reject either meaning you didn't call her up to setup another date but didn't hear from her asking to meetup again either. Now, after all this time has passed, her pic appears on your Facebook (Facebook suggests people for you from your old email contacts ), I sent her a message saying Hi Do you think this was appropriate?

I think she was a really great girl but at the time I was in a very busy project at work and I guess I wasn't in a state to take a more active role in dating and she was perhaps waiting for me to take the lead which never happened so... I was meaning to get back to her but went out of town for a bit and then it was too late...perhaps lame excuses but oh well, I know I messed up but it happens sometimes I guess I did like her a lot though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 03:41 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Say you had met someone online about a year and a half ago, a long time I know, but you dated a few times, even kissed (so obviously we liked each other) and for whatever reason you didn't actively pursue but didn't actively reject either meaning you didn't call her up to setup another date but didn't hear from her asking to meetup again either. Now, after all this time has passed, her pic appears on your Facebook (Facebook suggests people for you from your old email contacts ), I sent her a message saying Hi Do you think this was appropriate?

I think she was a really great girl but at the time I was in a very busy project at work and I guess I wasn't in a state to take a more active role in dating and she was perhaps waiting for me to take the lead which never happened so... I was meaning to get back to her but went out of town for a bit and then it was too late...perhaps lame excuses but oh well, I know I messed up but it happens sometimes I guess I did like her a lot though.
Saying hey is never bad unless she despises you and wants you to go away. Play it by year and see what happens.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying hi without any kind of expectation. Nothing wrong with being friends. If you're looking to date her again, she might be a bit weary, tho.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:03 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I don`t think there is anything wrong with reaching out to say,"Hey" but who knows what is going on with her now.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Of course.
Nothing inappropriate with greeting or even conversing with someone who was an old possibility.
The flame may still be lit.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:

Dude, I think you're horney bored/hard up and really not that into her (LOL!).

Do yourself and this girl a favor, and move on down the road. Afterall, your "Miss Right" might be around the corner.

Otherwise, you'll be back on here in a few months from now seeking advice as to how to salvage a car with a tank full of sugar

Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
I tried to do that once.

There was a guy I went to elementary school with who liked me and even tried to kiss me once. I was always curious to see what happened to him, since he moved away suddenly.

I found him on myspace a few years ago, and he's now flamboyantly gay. Go figure.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
just as an update, I did not receive any response...I guess she may be pissed at me which isn't entirely fair as she didn't take initiative to move forward as well... past a certain point women should also call guys up and express interest in going out right? hmm... oh well!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
just as an update, I did not receive any response...I guess she may be pissed at me which isn't entirely fair as she didn't take initiative to move forward as well... past a certain point women should also call guys up and express interest in going out right? hmm... oh well!
I always appreciate it when OP's come back and update their threads

Sorry things didn't work out for you.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 PM

367 posts, read 415,134 times
It's probably for the best. Oh well, there will be more fish in the sea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships