Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't like "nice guys."

hmmmm....why not? Don't you like a man with ethics, morals, values? Someone not necessarily ready to step all over you just to get to the top? Someone who would actually care if you got home safe if you were out together and had had way too much to drink?

Old 04-11-2010, 11:23 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Confidence is overrated.

I never had to develop that large ego to pick up girls, because I was so good looking, athletic and smart...girls just came crawling to me easy.
Confidence and ego are not the same thing. Additionally, ego does not mean a guy is automatically an a-hole.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:23 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
hmmmm....why not? Don't you like a man with ethics, morals, values? Someone not necessarily ready to step all over you just to get to the top? Someone who would actually care if you got home safe if you were out together and had had way too much to drink?
I put "nice guys" in parenthesis for a reason. A real nice guy never self glosses himself that term. A "nice guy" is a sniveling weasel that tries to trick women into sex, by feeling sorry for them, or otherwise manipulating them.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I put "nice guys" in parenthesis for a reason. A real nice guy never self glosses himself that term. A "nice guy" is a sniveling weasel that tries to trick women into sex, by feeling sorry for them, or otherwise manipulating them.

I wouldn't call the type man you describe a "nice guy" at all - he IS a weasel. Besides, the kind of guy our OP is talking about seems to be neither a weasel or a nice guy - I'd call the guy she described a wimp or mama's boy.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't call the type man you describe as a "nice guy" at all - he IS a weasel. Besides, the kind of guy our OP is talking about seems to be neither a weasel or a nice guy - I'd call the guy she described a wimp or mama's boy.
I'll be honest with you...I didn't read the OP at all. I'm too riled up about the government. I have my tin foil hat on...so I can hardly read the screen cuz the metal is interfering with my Old CRT monitor. I don't trust LCDs...psychic spies from Washington steal your eye movements and can read your thoughts.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:30 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
You totally miss the point. So many of the men that other men call "bad boys" aren't. That term often arises out of jealousy, and simply means "the guy who gets the women I can't".

I date "bad boys". They are wonderful, they make fun and outstandingly interesting boyfriends, and they don't whine and stalk me if I break up with them. And with one single exception, they have all treated me very very well. The two or three "nice guys" I've dated have bored me to tears, stalked me when I broke up with them, and were frankly pretty pathetic.

Your mileage may vary.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:33 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
It's because most of you that call yourselves "nice guys" do so because you don't have any particular distinguishing personality traits. Frankly, you're boring. You have beta personalities, or you're too clingy, or you're pushovers, or you are not confident, or you don't like yourself, or you are too desperate.

A lot women find that unattractive or uninteresting. At best, you're "friend" material. You aren't assertive or confident enough to move into that boyfriend role. You look with envy upon the men who have the personality and confidence you do not, and you cattily call them "bad boys" and try to convince the women around you that those men terrible creatures and not to be trusted, hoping against hope that you'll get some pity sex from her when a breakup happens.

Here's a hint for all of you "good guys". We won't like you until you like yourself. If you can't do that, then we are going to choose the men that do. They are way more fun, way more interesting, and way more sexy than a meek, self-conscious guy who has the personality of a soap dish.
This is pure bull crap and why decent guys get a bad rap. I know plenty of "nice" guys that are fun, confident, exciting, smart, and strong. And there are PLENTY of bad boys that are weak, boring, dumb, and predictable. This is a more accurate protrayal of decent guys vs. dirt bags more than anything.

I partied with a bunch of "bad boys" last night and they were discussing all the times in which they have cheated on their ex girlfriends (with great fondness, of course). Then the conversation switched to one night stands and knocking up random women and never calling them again. Really??? Are these "bad boy" personality traits really that attractive???

Old 04-11-2010, 11:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Ouch! That cuts like a razor, Occam.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 PM

Nice guys are all like Norman Bates. Norman Bates seemed pretty nice, huh? He gave that girl some sammiches then let her shower. Then things got weird. His mom came in and did naughty things. That Norman should have told his mom "NO...no mom no."

Old 04-11-2010, 11:42 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Confidence is overrated.

I never had to develop that large ego to pick up girls, because I was so good looking, athletic and smart...girls just came crawling to me.
It's so much easier that way too.
If you're good looking is the key..Women will equate that with "confidence" another womenspeak term

I know tons of good looking dudes who are insecure inside but get plenty of women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships