Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:50 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times

Advertisements

Confidence is such a vague term,its usually womenspeak used for the good looking Men or how loud you are..

Everyone has insecurities,just because someone on the outside looks like theyre in control of everytihng on the inside they could be wrecks..

Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Confidence is such a vague term,its usually womenspeak used for the good looking Men or how loud you are..

Everyone has insecurities,just because someone on the outside looks like theyre in control of everytihng on the inside they could be wrecks..
It's one of those words that you can use as code for something else and it's safe because no one will ever think less of you for saying you like confidence, even though what you really mean is "tall, good-looking, athletic, successful, etc." And as we've seen plenty of times, many people project confidence to cover up their insecurities, e.g. Tom Cruise.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Why so-called nice guys often finished last--in a nutshell; They're going after the wrong womennnnnn!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
It's one of those words that you can use as code for something else and it's safe because no one will ever think less of you for saying you like confidence, even though what you really mean is "tall, good-looking, athletic, successful, etc." And as we've seen plenty of times, many people project confidence to cover up their insecurities, e.g. Tom Cruise.
Exactly...Instead of saying i like Tall extremely good looking sucesful Men[which is understandable] saying you like confidence makes you seem less shallow..

Its amazing how good looking guys all have that intangible cofnidence that you just cant put your finger on but womens intuiton can just sense it yet that ugly or average guy who has trouble with women they can just tell lacks confidecne somehow and is the reason they cant get women

Women are so perceptive

Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I disagree with this. I've mentioned this here before; I had a bartender girlfriend who was about 6' tall, over weight and rough around the edges. She could probably kick half the guys *****es she met. But guys flocked around her--no, not just at work and not for drinks. Everywhere she went she knew people and they loved her. It was the way she carried herself. She had more guys asking her to dance than I did. I used to marvel at her confidence. She was great. But like she used to tell me, it's all about confidence, if you don't have it, fake it, you'll have it soon enough--for real. She was right.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:02 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:

A good friend of mine, who is VERY successful with women, has LOTs of self esteem, self loathing, issues. He's just very charming to younger type women (he'll have to change as he gets older though)... But he gets women left and right, and I would not say he has high self esteem... But he's confidence when it comes to women, but not much else.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:05 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times
Quote:
Exactly...Instead of saying i like Tall extremely good looking sucesful Men[which is understandable] saying you like confidence makes you seem less shallow..

Its amazing how good looking guys all have that intangible cofnidence that you just cant put your finger on but womens intuiton can just sense it yet that ugly or average guy who has trouble with women they can just tell lacks confidecne somehow and is the reason they cant get women

Women are so perceptive
Nah, i think there is some truth to confidence, and it's not just a word women use when they don't want to admit they are going for a guy because of his looks or money. I know some not too great looking guys, who are neither tall, nor rich, but just absolutely know how to socialize, and have no fear of approaching women. They do/did pretty well (are married now)... Women like confidence in men, the ability to approach, etc, because she wants the guy to do all the work, to show all the interest, so she doesn't have to face any sort of rejection. With a nonconfident guy, she can't be too certain of his interest, thus risks a potential rejection, and the risk of rejection is supposed to be 100% on the guy.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:06 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:

Women are so perceptive
That's interesting because I see plenty of average looking or unattractive guys with women.

However the women they're with don't look like Jessica Alba. Maybe these guys are single because their standards are a bit high. There's nothing wrong with that, but they need to be prepared to deal with the pitfalls of having high standards.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
That's interesting because I see plenty of average looking or unattractive guys with women.

The problem is that the women they're with don't look like Jessica Alba. Maybe these guys are single because thier standards are a bit high. There's nothing wrong with that, but they need to be prepared to deal with the pitfalls of having high standards.
Or unrealistic.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:26 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Or unrealistic.
Or materialistic. I have a ton of guy friends, that the first thing they ask when hearing about a woman, is, "What does she look like?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships