U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 PM

11,077 posts, read 10,918,597 times
Quote:
A friend of mine's husband has his entire garage converted into a model train and AF/X electronic car racing funhouse. I think its totally awesome, but she thinks its a waste of space and childlike. The guy must have $20,000 to $35,000 worth of stuff in there. Im not a big train fan, but I love the G-Plus AFX cars he has.
What if she converted the garage into a 35K barbie museum? I guess then it would be a waste of space and childlike. I do think those model trains are cool tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,365,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. I actually cant think of anyone who uses their garage for their cars. We park our cars outside in the driveway (can fit 4 cars in my driveway with two side by side). My garage is reserved for my hobby - its my Martial Arts Dojo/Kwoon and workout area.
Well, I'd rather use my garage as intended.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 PM

3,574 posts, read 3,927,537 times
He's the one who called it "niche".

Not us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
No that isn't what he means because his thinking is that it isn't wierd. Some people just seem to think it is. So how is that trying to be more interesting, swanky. or exclusive than other hobbies?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:45 PM

10,115 posts, read 12,985,696 times
I just wish the day was 30 hours, and the work hours remaining at 8.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:22 PM

I'd just like to say if you meet someone and they tell you your passion or hobby or whatever is a waste and that you would be "better" if you grew up and did something more "constructive" to your future, they aren't the right one and tell them off.

I lost 8 years of guitar due to the fact I fell for the wrong woman who tried to change me into something I am not, and it is my fault for letting it happen. I became a beta for the sake of boobs. I wasn't even with her 8 years but the after effect lingered until I rediscovered my real self. Her body was like something out of my dreams, mixed with a very smart and cunning personality but in the end I was the fool.

I also F'd up with a girl who fully supported my passion, learn from my mistake....please.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM

16,557 posts, read 19,180,848 times
I can see where your hobbies might seem threatening to some women who are not physically active, outdoorsy types. You probably travel to do what you do, and it sounds very time consuming...It's not as though you retire to your den for an hour each evening to admire your coin collection.
There are women out there who will share your hobbies and the best way to find them is to keep doing them.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:58 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,054,563 times
Oh for gods sake, unless the hobby is freaky anyone who would try to take someone's passion away is a controlling jerk and someone to be avoided. The man who would succumb is the wimpiest of wimps. These women who know what's best for men and want to make them "grow up" are monsters who will suck the life out of guys. As a woman, I hate them. Unless you secretly want to be saved and changed and emasculated (which some do) then stay far away.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavant View Post
Niche hobbies and interests allow you to target a very specific type of woman. Most women I have met aren't that interested in attending a Renaissance Faire. But there is specific type of woman who is totally into it. They go all out, they love showing lots of cleavage. They like the tight bodices, the bawdy talk -all of that stuff. They take joy in inhibiting the role of renfaire wench.

If you are a boob man, the renfaires are the world's best place to meet women. Now for a lot of people its just a bunch of people playing dress up and it seems silly -which is true. Moreover the people who complain about it the most are the one's you least want to bring. But if you like buxom women in their element its a wonderful place to meet a very specific type of woman.

If that is the case, I am soooooo there next time one comes local. I will put down my strat for one Saturday and go wench hunting.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,054,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
If that is the case, I am soooooo there next time one comes local. I will put down my strat for one Saturday and go wench hunting.
You might want to take a look at some of fair photos before you get too excited.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
. The man who would succumb is the wimpiest of wimps. .

guilty once in the past. Although know that I just read about renaissance festivals and the massive amount of massive cleavage abound at them, I may fall prey to putting down my one passion for a little while for the sake of another one.....again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships