U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 PM

6,995 posts, read 13,056,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What did the humanity do to you?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 12:26 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,391,887 times
The other day I watched an interesting BBC documentary on RealDolls and some of the men who purchase them. The title was Love Me, Love My Doll.

They showcased four men and I was intrigued by these individuals.

One had clearly slipped off his rocker and was in a bad place.

One had never really had much of a start and he'd clearly become embittered by his lot in life -- which was understandable. Far too many people expect us to be sympathetic when it's THEIR misfortune while readily telling others to "suck it up, that's life".

One was not demonstrably a sex addict although the term was mentioned a couple of times; however, his behaviour indicated that he really was.

The last was just a sad story of a man initially trapped by circumstances who'd never learned his way out of them.

They also briefly interviewed the creator of RealDolls and the man said on average they ship out seven RealDolls per week.

Given the expense of these things I'd say that even ONE repeat customer per week would be stretching things a bit. This indicates that nearly seven men per week (on average) are turning to these things for sexual companionship.

360 men per year may not seem like much, but it makes one wonder. Some women, of course, would look and say "Well, what does it matter? These men are the LOSERS of society, we didn't want them anyway!"

Bear in mind, there are just as many "losers" among women as among men, meaning "undesirable in the dating world". Perhaps these women are "dropping out of the race" at the same rate as men, perhaps not. I cannot possibly say; but unless they are it's a real problem.

With the popularity of the MILF image what I frequently wonder is what the dating scene will look like in that same thirty years for some of these women. I believe we're already seeing what it will look like for many men.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM

11,444 posts, read 6,503,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Hopefully by then TVSG will be married with children. Hopefully.
NO!! Must not be allowed to reproduce!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM

6,995 posts, read 13,056,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
NO!! Must not be allowed to reproduce!
Oh, he'll be neutered by then. We don't need more jr. TVSG's running havoc.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM

8,882 posts, read 11,269,009 times
By 2030 if someone says they emailed you or sent you a text, they're probably going to get looked at as though they have lobsters crawling out of their ears. "Email, what the hell is an email?" You might as well have sent them a message in a bottle.

We'll probably be communicating via hologramed video's of ourselves like Princess Leia in Star Wars.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,391,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
By 2030 if someone says they emailed you or sent you a text, they're probably going to get looked at as though they have lobsters crawling out of their ears. "Email, what the hell is an email?" You might as well have sent them a message in a bottle.

We'll probably be communicating via hologramed video's of ourselves like Princess Leia in Star Wars.

I hope Seeniorita is communicating with me exactly like Princess Leia, but in Return of the Jedi. Although I wouldn't mind the end of Empire Strikes Back for communication from her, either.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I hope Seeniorita is communicating with me exactly like Princess Leia, but in Return of the Jedi. Although I wouldn't mind the end of Empire Strikes Back for communication from her, either.
Hmm, Seeniorita in a metal bikini...yeah, that'll work.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,628,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Quote:
Hmm, Seeniorita in a metal bikini...yeah, that'll work.
Well, since I haven't watched any of these, I'll take your word for it. But wouldn't that be even more torture....you can look but can't feel or touch because your hands will go right through me...lol

Metal bikini....ouch!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,899,282 times
Quote:

It can be more scary than that. Maybe by then we'll be able to read each other's thoughts; therefore, relationships will cease to exist!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It can be more scary than that. Maybe by then we'll be able to read each other's thoughts; therefore, relationships will cease to exist!
Yeah, that would be awful if we could read one another's minds. I'd be getting slapped in the face on a regular basis. I wouldn't be able to leave my house without a lead-filled hat to block woman's mind reading abilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships