Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times

Advertisements

I never get asked out in person except by people I'm sure have social disorders or something like that where they have no friends and if you so much as smile they start stalking. I've had several online people that never contacted me again after a blind date. Had one tell me after I called that I wasn't in the same class of people and it wouldn't work out. Another I went out withs mom answered the phone and said never call back again. Yet another told me after I emailed a photo I am so ugly they don't want to be seen with me.

So honestly if you are fat and ugly in the face (I have boyish face--can't help it) and now that I am on disability should I just never respond to a personal ad again and never post an ad again either?

PS: I've lost 15 lbs but have a ton more I need to lose. Should I wait till I lose it all to try dating? Or since I have ugly face should I just give up all together?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I never get asked out in person except by people I'm sure have social disorders or something like that where they have no friends and if you so much as smile they start stalking. I've had several online people that never contacted me again after a blind date. Had one tell me after I called that I wasn't in the same class of people and it wouldn't work out. Another I went out withs mom answered the phone and said never call back again. Yet another told me after I emailed a photo I am so ugly they don't want to be seen with me.

So honestly if you are fat and ugly in the face (I have boyish face--can't help it) and now that I am on disability should I just never respond to a personal ad again and never post an ad again either?

PS: I've lost 15 lbs but have a ton more I need to lose. Should I wait till I lose it all to try dating? Or since I have ugly face should I just give up all together?
You should keep trying! Someone out there is looking for ya! Don't let them get you down!

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 04-17-2010 at 12:24 AM..

Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Well just make sure to post your picture whenever you have a profile online on a dating site. That way women who don't like you can just move on and the women who might like you will stick around.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 AM

259 posts, read 840,261 times
No you should not give up!! Remember this: Everybody is SOMEBODY'S type. On that note, I do think that you should definitely try to put more effort into your appearance. Not for other people but for your own self-esteem and personal gratification. Everybody is not going to be a model and that's perfectly fine. Good job on the weight loss so far! Keep it up and I hope that in no time you'll be feeling really great about yourself!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 AM

122 posts, read 401,750 times
I have pretty much the same problem. Just be sure you discuss your appearance with the person before you meet the person and make it very clear to them that you are no barbie. Also, make sure you not going out of your leigh. Example: If you are 4'11 and 300 lbs, don't expect to end up with a man who is 6' and 160 lbs with a ton of muscles. The point is, just don't be so self centered on yourself.

That's the best tips I can give you. An example is that I am a 25 year old male who is 5'4 and 220 lbs. I've always been heavyset and so has most of my family, dad's and mom's side. I have an attraction to average or skinny women, but that is just what I can't get. I always end up with women who are much like me, short and overweight.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:35 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times
I'm honestly trying to figure out if ur a male or female....?
I actually think it doesn't matter how u look. I've met all kinds of guys and in my experience u can't really trust in anyone. It don't matter how beautiful u are, or thin, or rich....u just have to believe in and trust urself!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
To the world, I'm quasimoto (OK, I'm not THAT bad), but I feel beautiful in my skin

Confidence says more than anything!

I used to be frumpy looking and just plain BLAH, but I got a cute, modern haircut, cute glasses, new clothes, a new, cute bra (it makes a huge difference! I feel CUTE!), and I look people in the eye and SMILE when I talk to them.

Don't get discouraged. Feel good about yourself first and you'll find others treat you the same way

Old 04-17-2010, 12:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,272 times
lolz this is weird .. i find myself kind of ugly .. but im not ''That'' ugly .. so what does ''That'' mean .. ''That'' means we all have certain qualities and abilities ''That'' is Unique .. ''That'' could be similar in some cases IMO ''That'' is 50/50 .. long story short ''Nobody is Perfect'' ..''Analyze That'' .. then ''Analyze This'' > If u're perfect im Nobody

Old 04-17-2010, 01:02 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,460 times
I actually believe the average American has a cuteness to them but its a matter of harnessing what they got. i see some women at the gym that have these lovely faces but their bodies are pretty bad. I bet the OP probably has potential but has to really put things in motion to bring out that beauty. When I was young adolescent I was always teased for being fat, wearing awful clothes, having nappy head, acne, and having a huge gap in my mouth. In my mid teens, I got a lil thinner. began to lift weights, kept a regular haircut, bought better clothes, fixed my teeth, began brushing them 2 to 3 times a day, and now people say I look like I should be on TV.
The point is, you have to look at yourself and say "its not hopeless, i just gotta make some changes". Look at Flava Flav, u can't tell that man hes not handsome.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times
I don't know...when I was younger, super thin...I still met losers!
And really, to tell the truth, some of the best sex I've had has been with guuys I didn't like at all at first or I thought were ugly! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships