U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 04-17-2010, 07:33 PM

3,450 posts, read 1,101,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It seems to me that women, first and foremost, should want a man who has a good relationship with his mum and treats her with respect. Because it is THIS relationship that is a rather good indicator about how he's going to treat YOU!

I've had two relationships in particular in which the guy's mum either died when he was young or was absent and these men were a mess.
Sometimes you gotta wake up and smell the coffee......

Were talking about a guy that ...well the girls know.
Are you thinking with a brain when ...."you say" .......

"Because it is THIS relationship that is a rather good indicator about how he's going to treat YOU!................

This philosophy, is what nice people get suckered into. It is bull.
Believe me , bull.
Go back and analyze the opening thread comment.
In it you will find the reasons for the ..."illogical" ....
.....statement you have made....

Unread 04-17-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Exactly. That relationship is what teaches a man how to nurture affection and foster love and bond.

Those who are disconnected from their parents cannot be good fathers themselves, have little values.

But there are exceptions where the moms are mess themselves, like alcohol and drugs. We're not going into that territory.

Total Baloney...read the opening thread statement and apply some common sense.

People matter and the falsity of a "wimps integrity " has got to go

Mamma's Bad Boy is First to Go

PS.... Do you want confusion to reign ....?

Unread 04-17-2010, 07:58 PM

27,239 posts, read 23,939,670 times
RIght, OP, so much better to be with a man that hates his mother....{sigh}

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:09 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,747,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
You mean like the rappers who sing about ******es and hoes, but yet also sing about how much they love their mum. - I've never referred my mum as a b*itch, but I will not hesitate to refer that to a woman who acts like a ******.

I've been brought up well by my mum. But thankfully she didn't instil the "Respect all women" bullcrap in me. She taught me to treat women accordingly. Treat a lady like a lady, and a rude girl like that rude girl. She taught me to not respect a woman who doesn't respect me. Respect is two ways. How many girls are taught to respect men? All they are taught is how to DEMAND respect. But not many are taught how to behave like a lady or how to respect men. This is why I want to raise my daughter[s] to be very different to the generation of women I grew up with.
I absolutely agree..It is a two way street. Respect has to be earned.

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Right, OP, so much better to be with a man that hates his mother....{sigh}
Obviously this is a comment that is a good example of weak ideology.

A man that "hates his mother as you project.. would be "altogether useless"
relative to sharring his life with another....let alone... a special someone.

I believe this comment is a .."shrug" ...comment ..motivated by ...insecurity.

It has .."no" ...substance , other than emotional disdain.

Disdain for what.....

Well....keep on topic and offer rational discourse other than bull, why ?

Because ....alot of people get hurt for.......nothing but bull

You reflect the word ..."hate"....this thread has nothing to do with...."hate"
Is ...."hate" in your life...?

Leave ...."hate" out of this thread if you don't mind, were trying to get better here

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:12 PM

1,265 posts, read 802,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Looking at all the relationship threads, I would like to get a loud speaker
and say to all the girls and women inthe world who wanna be happy with a
real main squeeze...........

Stay clear of guys who have an unusual and over done deal with their
....MOTHER........
Mother , after the honeymoon is over will always be number 1 and he will
accustom himself to YOU as always being 2nd fiddle.
You will be number 2 always and when MOTHER moves or is not handy to
run the show, he will NEED and WILL LOOK to replace mamma number 1 in a younger version always leaving you number 2

You girls have a right to be happy with a guy that makes you .... (mamma thinks this or that)
NUMBER 1

MOTHER will try to run the show and the real important part is You... (makes a huge deal outta meeting mamma)

will be always understood as Number ....2..... and all guys like a
number 1 to grab their focus. Its supposed to be you.

No matter how gorgeous he looks or money or anything..... (always talking about mamma)
....keep clear of ....MAMMA"S BAD BOY........

Got to go out today to do some shopping and if you have a
Mamma's Bad Boy.........Dump him and get a real guy thats into you being #1
Sorry but sounds a little like you have some issues...

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Sorry but sounds a little like you have some issues...
Sorry but .........are you a momma's boy ?....

Its not my fault that infidelity is what it is....

Hey, Lets get one thing straight........my sister is going through a situation
that is baloney with a momma's boy wimp
My mother feels the same as I do.

Put that in your baloney pipe and smoke it.
Like I say alot of nice people get thinkin......if he's paranoid about his affection with dear old MA.......well.....the same will be true for me...

NO WAY....read the logic in opening thread and as a well........
get a grip.....mamma's boys are wimps....
Nothing wrong with good respect for Ma.....but number 1 must be
the girl or women that is behind the ..."effort in life"

"Get real with better criticism"

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:51 PM

8,063 posts, read 10,601,833 times
Quote:
Sometimes you gotta wake up and smell the coffee......

Were talking about a guy that ...well the girls know.
Are you thinking with a brain when ...."you say" .......

"Because it is THIS relationship that is a rather good indicator about how he's going to treat YOU!................

This philosophy, is what nice people get suckered into. It is bull.
Believe me , bull.
Go back and analyze the opening thread comment.
In it you will find the reasons for the ..."illogical" ....
.....statement you have made....
Wake up and smell the coffee? Dear one, I'm 45 years old and I actually know how to spell "gazer." I suspect that I've been MAKING coffee much longer than you've been alive.

Not only have I gotten along very well with the mums of my SO's, I've also known which men to avoid because of odd family dynamics that would have been troublesome. You wouldn't be BURSTING if you were able to do the same.

And, now, I'm the mum of a 22-year-old who has been living with a lovely gal for two years. I consider her like my daughter-in-law and we get along very well. I was impressed that she was eager to meet me when they first started going out and we enjoy spending time together. Her family gets along great with my son, too.

If you are the least bit discerning and have some people skills, then you wouldn't be raging here. You can call me "illogical" or any silly thing you want but the fact remains that I've got a a peaceful and happy family.

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:54 PM

27,239 posts, read 23,939,670 times
Quote:
Obviously this is a comment that is a good example of weak ideology.

A man that "hates his mother as you project.. would be "altogether useless"
relative to sharring his life with another....let alone... a special someone.

I believe this comment is a .."shrug" ...comment ..motivated by ...insecurity.

It has .."no" ...substance , other than emotional disdain.

Disdain for what.....

Well....keep on topic and offer rational discourse other than bull, why ?

Because ....alot of people get hurt for.......nothing but bull

You reflect the word ..."hate"....this thread has nothing to do with...."hate"
Is ...."hate" in your life...?

Leave ...."hate" out of this thread if you don't mind, were trying to get better here
In your OP, you sound like you think there is something wrong with men that have a good relationship with their mother--and, as other posters have pointed out, it establishes the sort of relationship he would have with other women.

Unread 04-17-2010, 09:01 PM

8,681 posts, read 6,508,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post

I almost felt like creating two or three more userids so I could rep you multiple times

There are many examples of dysfunctional relationships between men and their mothers that have disastrous effects on later relationships. IMO, it's a betrayal akin to cheating if a man cannot keep the vow of cleaving to no other but his wife in respect to putting her (and the children they might create) ahead of his parents. It's betraying the natural order of things otherwise. Unfortunately, such dysfunctions occur, which is why there are sites like [URL="http://74.50.2.42/dc/dcboard.php"]Forum title - Board Main - Forum listings[/URL]
and [URL="http://www.motherinlawhell.com"]Mother-in-Law HELL Mother-in-Law Advice and Mother-in-Law Stories[/URL]
Thank ye!

Fortunately, I have not had to deal with that too much, even with my ex-MIL, who was pretty gracious and very welcoming. My college sweetheart's mother was a piece of work in some ways, but more in that she wanted to dress me and make me fashionable enough for her son, who was a model. I remember being at a fashion show and she made a grossly rude comment. She knew I was thinking of a nose job, and when he came down the runway, she said, "See? If you get your nose done, you could be up there with my son."

I mean, just...

There's no graceful way to counter that, so I just pulled some Catholic-school indoctrinated self-deprecation out of my butt and said, "Actually, I'm only 5'4"."

You'd better believe I mentioned it to him a few days later, when I got up the nerve. He told me that she had already mentioned it to him and felt bad about it, and that it was actually a good sign because if she didn't think I was pretty, and I wasn't stick thin, she'd have had "real" issues with me. Gee, I guess I was lucky. I mean, she didn't care that her son was dating a Catholic girl (they were Jewish), but heaven forbid I broke 105 pounds.

I've heard much worse, though. MUCH worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Nothiing is worse than women who try to compete with her man's mother. [snip] If my mum thinks I'm dating a woman who is a loser, a rude *****, no ambitions, controlling etc. then her advice is most welcome. I'll take that on board, and make a decision of my own.
Dorrans, just from your posts that I've seen, something tells me you'd be too smart to date a loser in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships