U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:35 AM

2,657 posts, read 5,022,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Lets face it takes two people to establish this bazaar deal with the mother and son
Star, if you are having a specific MIL problem or know of someone who does, it would be best to take it to a support board that addresses that one issue. The best I've ever come across has been this one Forum title - Board Main - Forum listings

I don't have any personal agenda in recommending it because I don't have a MIL problem ... well, not one that makes a big sea change in my life. She is the dearest lady; I actually prefer her over my own bio-mom; but looorrrd that woman can talk She's afraid of one moment of silence and feels she must fill it with words. Gets on my nerves if I have to be around her for a long stretch

I regard the CD Relationships board as sort of a catch-all space. If one has a problem for which there is a specific support group available, they'd be better off over there. Here there will be arguments over whether the person actually has a problem.

Your issue is easily recognized; over on the MIL forum you'll find people who have gone through the worst and triumphed or are seeking support because they were run over and defeated. It's a good place to be if you need MIL advice.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:14 PM

2,657 posts, read 5,022,194 times

Manhattan mom tried to break up son's wedding by harassing fiancee's dad, getting her fired - NYPOST.com

Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM

25,617 posts, read 17,146,781 times
At my age mom is likely to be long gone, one good thing about getting older I guess.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM

931 posts, read 1,164,140 times
Women crack me up. They complain about a making his mom number one, but if they have a kid when u meet them, the man becomes a distant number 2. Ridiculous.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,499,646 times
Your mom will always be there for you,outside women not so much

Old 04-19-2010, 07:04 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,499,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Women crack me up. They complain about a making his mom number one, but if they have a kid when u meet them, the man becomes a distant number 2. Ridiculous.
Well this isnt about being fair or logical its the women making sure the mans attention is always on her..

But you'e right ocne the kid pops out the Mans an afterthought to a women..

Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,782,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
That's because there's a huge difference between a woman having a 5-year-old son and a 25-year-old man who lets his mommy tell him who to date.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,097,680 times
Eh to me, I come first. Mom comes a close second.
Because mom will love me no matter how much i screw up, how bad my socioeconomic status may become, and even if I am an rectal opening in attitude(although she will tell me about myself.)

Of course she has no say in the woman I may choose at a particular time because thats really not her jurisdiction.
Only person I could put before myself is a kid if I had one.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:37 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,054,105 times
Mum's the word lolz ... i've seen 2 of my uncles married to the women of their choice and ofcourse their life without parental support and advice ..at their prime they fought to be independent and set off like a free bird to prove they can live a peacefull and happy life being independent ..which is good ..but yes their so called wives played a spoil sport got them locking horns with their parents ..fighting for properties .. ignoring the parents and ill treating them to the extent of beating them old folks ..verbally abusing and cursing them for making their lives miserable and blah blah blah ..me and my cousins have witnessed this drama since we were kids ..well like they say history repeats itself ..now they're being treated the same way by their kids ..karma indeed .. well im happy with my mum ..love her and i trust her in every way that i can sell my blood if she ever asks for it .. anyways dont think im the Norman Bates kind lol

Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 PM

81 posts, read 79,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
For argument's sake, mama's always #1 coz if not for her, you don't exist

And these are human relationships and not horse racing to be numbered, 1, 2 etc.

No, mama should not always be #1. I have a son and will step to the side when he is married and never try to compete with her.

I know what it's like to be w/a mama's boy - miserable. I was attacked by a stranger several years ago, hours before our friends arrived at our lake house for a nice, relaxing weekend. It was devastating but our friends were wonderful and took over my hostess duties and treated me like a guest in my own home. We took a boat ride and I started to relax a little, realizing this attacker didn't know me and couldn't find me. We docked the boat and as we were walking back to the house, a light came on. His parents showed up at OUR vacation home, uninvited and knowing we had a house full of company - ie, kids on a sofa and camping on the deck. Because I didn't run and greet his mother, I was cruelly chastised in front of everyone because "I might have hurt Mother's feelings". Are you kidding the police told us this guy intended to take me and do harm less than 12 hours ago. I was standing in the yard trying to figure out how to juggle everyone so they had a place to sleep, not being rude! I ended up sleeping on the floor and I was bruised head to toe, but I guess I was being rude to "Mother". We ended it 3 wks later, I couldn't take it any more.

As confirmation, my future mother in law told me only 2 days ago, a mother should never come between her child and their spouse and never try to be #1. I love this woman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships