Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I started dressing nicer recently, nothing too fancy, but am now wearing slacks and collared shirts/button downs, etc.. when I use to only wear jeans/sweats and collared shirts/t-shirts, etc..

I have noticed a huge increase in female attraction to me. Before I would be lucky if a women just noticed I was in the room, but now many women have been commenting on my "good looks" and/or starting conversations with me.

I just moved to a new city about 10 months ago, so these women that are noticing me now, did not know me back then.

So why the reason for a dramatic jump in female attention, from like hardly nothing to a very decent amount? Is it because women are superficial and only want a man who wears nice clothes and looks handsome? I just don't understand it, b.c I'm the same exact person as before.

But I do think I know the real reason behind it. I think it's because women want a man who can take care of them. Also women want a man who can take care of himself. And then eventually one who is able to take care of their future kids as well. And if a man doesn't dress well or take care of himself, the woman assumes that he won't be able to take care of her or any future kids either. I guess that's a reasonable expectation for them to have.

Thoughts on this matter? It's just so strange to me to see this dramatic jump after only a slight improvement.
Things from other topics that apply here.

Women like a man dressed up

Women like money

Women like sex

So my man you are now considered sexy...Enjoy it champion. I think its dope you getting your dress game right. As a man I say keep up the good work women like you more, men like you less. If some of the girls offer free sex...than take it, if she is trying to get you to spend,
then run!

Dont worry about a womens motives...just close your mouth and listen man. They will tell you everything on their mind even when trying not to. Right now your ears are your best asset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Just so you know, Rugged wears a monkey suit from time to time too!LOL........

Old 04-18-2010, 07:52 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
I started dressing nicer recently, nothing too fancy, but am now wearing slacks and collared shirts/button downs, etc.. when I use to only wear jeans/sweats and collared shirts/t-shirts, etc..

I have noticed a huge increase in female attraction to me. Before I would be lucky if a women just noticed I was in the room, but now many women have been commenting on my "good looks" and/or starting conversations with me.

I just moved to a new city about 10 months ago, so these women that are noticing me now, did not know me back then.

So why the reason for a dramatic jump in female attention, from like hardly nothing to a very decent amount? Is it because women are superficial and only want a man who wears nice clothes and looks handsome? I just don't understand it, b.c I'm the same exact person as before.

But I do think I know the real reason behind it. I think it's because women want a man who can take care of them. Also women want a man who can take care of himself. And then eventually one who is able to take care of their future kids as well. And if a man doesn't dress well or take care of himself, the woman assumes that he won't be able to take care of her or any future kids either. I guess that's a reasonable expectation for them to have.

Thoughts on this matter? It's just so strange to me to see this dramatic jump after only a slight improvement.
It's for the same reason a nicely dressed woman will get double-takes from men, it's the way both sexes are wired. Contrary to what women say physical appearance is numero uno.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Any dunder head can go out and buy "nice" clothes. I'm around upper level college and grad students all day and every single one of them wears hoodies and ripped jeans.
I politely disagree. Image is important. If ya look good ya feel good. Men that dress well are the minority and stick out. Women dont notice many things around them. So standing out is ok

Old 04-18-2010, 08:25 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
In my opinion women take an unfair beating in this "are they shallow or gold diggers" routine.

Here is how it works and if you don't like it lodge a complaint with mother nature. She's over there and she's a billion years old.

This might come as a surprise but women have the babies. Babies take a lot of work by a dedicated couple to raise to adulthood and any woman with an ounce of brains should determine in her mind what kind of a provider and supporter will her mate be?

It's done all the time in the animal kingdom. Female eagles will not made with an eagle that has a broken wing. Seeing as how it's up to both male and female to raise young is the female eagle being shallow? I mean the eagle with the broken wing is the same eagle he was before he broke his wing.

Not surprising women take notice because you appear you might be a better provider. The women are not shallow, they are not gold diggers but they instinctively know it's insane to mate with someone that doesn't appear able to provide.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:00 PM

71 posts, read 96,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
In my opinion women take an unfair beating in this "are they shallow or gold diggers" routine.

Here is how it works and if you don't like it lodge a complaint with mother nature. She's over there and she's a billion years old.

This might come as a surprise but women have the babies. Babies take a lot of work by a dedicated couple to raise to adulthood and any woman with an ounce of brains should determine in her mind what kind of a provider and supporter will her mate be?

It's done all the time in the animal kingdom. Female eagles will not made with an eagle that has a broken wing. Seeing as how it's up to both male and female to raise young is the female eagle being shallow? I mean the eagle with the broken wing is the same eagle he was before he broke his wing.

Not surprising women take notice because you appear you might be a better provider. The women are not shallow, they are not gold diggers but they instinctively know it's insane to mate with someone that doesn't appear able to provide.
So why do so, so many women have babies with loser guys? I see them all the time falling for the "sharp" guys and then winding up in a bad situation.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
I'm in a 3 year relationship with a gorgeous woman who just got her PhD in neuroscience and I dress like a total slob. I have two pairs of cargo pants that I bought over 5 years ago and paid $5 for that I wear about twice a week. I own 3 shirts that have buttons. 2 pairs of slacks. Have owned 1 suit in my entire life.

I don't see the correlation between women and clothes.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 PM

494 posts, read 890,332 times
OP: she's not being shallow, she's being smart. A man who cares about his appearance will be much more interesting than a man who is a slob.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Wearing clothes might make you feel more confident and thus better with the ladies as well. But it's true, women care about stuff like that. It seems that when choosing a mate they often care less about the man himself but what he can do or the universe that revolves around him.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM

146 posts, read 371,193 times
Men put an enormous amount of emphasis on the looks of a women. I have read several times that looks of a women is one of the things men take into consideration when choosing women to see. Women consider looks to, but it isnt the most important aspect in choosing a man.

Your getting that extra attention because you have put extra attention in yourself. When a man's confidence increases, whether it be through clothes or attitude, women naturally take notice. You shouldn't feel that women are being shallow. They are taking notice of something that you obviously want to put out there. Go with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships