U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
miu

13,053 posts, read 22,488,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Only idiots think that Africa is a country.
And most people don't think very much about or very highly of what goes on in Africa these days. Many of their countries are a mess and looking to the more developed nations for financial aid.

But by the same token, most people don't know every European country on the European continent or all the Asian countries in Asia.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:57 PM

19,022 posts, read 14,534,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And most people don't think very much or very highly of what goes on in Africa these days. Many of their countries are a mess and looking to the more developed nations for financial aid.
It was the so-called developed nations that put Africa in that mess, after all.

They invented slavery and still export diamonds out, to this day. But I've also known slavery existed within Africa itself

A lot of Africans helped the Europeans carry out slavery. It's complex and sad.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:04 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,310,831 times
This thread is so off-topic now.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 PM

7,373 posts, read 7,430,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And most people don't think very much about or very highly of what goes on in Africa these days. Many of their countries are a mess and looking to the more developed nations for financial aid.

But by the same token, most people don't know every European country on the European continent or all the Asian countries in Asia.

You are just trying to wind me up to change the subject from the fact that you didn't know that Africa is a continent and not a country. My six year old niece knows better than you. How hilarious that you drone on and on trying to appear intelligent and yet you can't tell the difference between a continent and a country.

May I suggest you at least try to get a GED, since that high school diploma didn't happen?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:10 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That would be true ONLY if the other person is from another COUNTRY. If a White American born guy dates a Black American born woman there is no "cultural" difference because they are both Americans. They may have gone to the same kindergarden, middle school, high school and college so there really is a "cultural" difference there.
Wrong. America has many different subcultures due to locale, religion, original country of origin, education level and economic class. City people versus country people. Northerners versus rednecks. American culture can't be generalized into one big group. And even age can be another factor. I once dated a guy that was a couple of years older than me. He loved the Beach Boys, but I was into Elvis Costello and New Wave music.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:13 PM

290 posts, read 625,923 times
I think it's clear that most Black American women seeking IR relationships should steer clear of most other "minorities," particularly Asians. Their ingrained racist and xenophobic attitudes are on full display, as evidenced directly by Antlered Chamataka and unintentionally by Miu.

White people get all the blame for racism while other groups throw a rock and then hide their hand. In my opinion, Whites are NOT the most racist, not by a long shot. They just have more opportunity to express it because they are in positions of power.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
I think it's clear that most Black American women seeking IR relationships should steer clear of most other "minorities," particularly Asians. Their ingrained racist and xenophobic attitudes are on full display, as evidenced directly by Antlered Chamataka and unintentionally by Miu.

White people get all the blame for racism while other groups throw a rock and then hide their hand.
I have asked many Black American women who want to try IR why they do not seek to date foreign black men, many basically say foreign black men are to controlling. Oh well.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Again, I think a lot of it has to do with their friends and family and the TYPE that they are. I would NEVER EVER date the "yo yo yo", "Ya'll fenda", "I be .....", "Ya'll going over to Nece' and nem's house?", "Its yo birfday" or "You so molded" type black women. But I will date the Halle Berry, Naomi Campbell, Stacy Dash and Leona Lewis types. The ghetto type chicks are out, but again, that isnt because of their race its because of the type of people they are.

I dated a couple of black chicks in my adult life (well, I was technically still in my teens) and they were really cool. One was actually an immigrant who was half asian who moved here from Asia when she was about 20, the other was born and raise in South Central Los Angeles, but was far far far from the ghetto type I described above.
What man wouldn't date Halle Berry? When a non-black man boasts that he is willing to date black women like Halle Berry any other hot looking black actress or model, I am not convinced that he isn't racist because in being willing to date hot looking (and rich) celebrity women, he is only considering them as sex objects, not as human beings, not as a real people that he'd be willing to marry and have a realistic life with. A man like that is in only in fantasy land with statements like that imo. Especially since Naomi Campbell is nuts with anger management issues.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
In my opinion, Whites are NOT the most racist, not by a long shot. They just have more opportunity to express it because they are in positions of power.
I don't agree with that by a long shot statement.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,634,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
You are just trying to wind me up to change the subject from the fact that you didn't know that Africa is a continent and not a country. My six year old niece knows better than you. How hilarious that you drone on and on trying to appear intelligent and yet you can't tell the difference between a continent and a country.

May I suggest you at least try to get a GED, since that high school diploma didn't happen?
Onglet39:

Miu never said Africa is a country. Moreover, Miu's post suggests she's well-read and erudite. She may not know everything about everything, but if she works at a university (and I doubt she'd be lying), it'd be preposterous for someone like her not to know Africa isn't a country.

Besides, the comment on her getting a GED and on her high school diploma not happening is a personal attack - you're attacking her intelligence. She's rather smart, although no one here is obligated to agree with her views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships