Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,951,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You should put female in your profile then because you have a male icon right now. I thought you were a man too. With the new information, I do feel bad for you. The best advice I can give is to try to talk some sense into your mother. I went through the same situation with my mother. Finally, I moved in with her and made it so uncomfortable for him that he left her.
I don't get it, why was it none of her business when you thought the roles were reversed but now that you know the woman is older than the guy, her mom needs sense talked into her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 12:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't get it, why was it none of her business when you thought the roles were reversed but now that you know the woman is older than the guy, her mom needs sense talked into her?
C'mon now, the new information was this, not what you quoted....

"Originally Posted by Confusedmassperson The problem is, they're not married, the guy dates many girls at a time, and the woman is my own mother. The guy has a awful temper and abused a ex...I don't want to see my mother abused. Now anyone who sees abusive men as ok should not reply. I don't trust the situation with this guy and my mother doesn't realize the risk."

Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,632,194 times
I hope that when I turn 50, my family doesn't decide that I am too stupid or naive to run my own life.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,951,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
C'mon now, the new information was this, not what you quoted....

"Originally Posted by Confusedmassperson The problem is, they're not married, the guy dates many girls at a time, and the woman is my own mother. The guy has a awful temper and abused a ex...I don't want to see my mother abused. Now anyone who sees abusive men as ok should not reply. I don't trust the situation with this guy and my mother doesn't realize the risk."

Ok, you're right, I backtracked and saw it. I accidentally missed the op's second and went to their third, my apologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships