Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
It's called taking a cheap shot under the guise of being helpful. As an over 30 female poster you will see this often on this board. Take it for exactly the meaningless hateration it is and brush it off your shoulder. As for the guy he could have a number of reasons for talking about tomorrow. Don't get excited about talk. I wouldn't start thinking about having a guy around regularly for at least 30-60 days. All the while keep dating others as well. That's an important part of keeping it casual. Your next meeting with this personn is not promised so have fun with lots of cool guys until you think you have found one you want around on the regular.
Here's another cheap shot under the guise of being helpful. Is she banging these multiple guys during that time?

Cuz if she isn't, she might be stunned how quickly they disappear. There are a shocking number of guys in their 20's and 30's with a "3 date rule".

You can explain that to her next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Here's another cheap shot under the guise of being helpful. Is she banging these multiple guys during that time?

Cuz if she isn't, she might be stunned how quickly they disappear. There are a shocking number of guys in their 20's and 30's with a "3 date rule".

I thought I did a good job of eluding to that earlier though

Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etain2 View Post
Thanks for the insight.......I'm definately not ready for a full on relationship, but cuddling on the couch with someone that I am attracted to mentally and physically........just seemed nice so I jumped in. Although he's 10 yrs younger I did find myself liking him and hoping we could date and see where it goes type of thing, that's all. Call it what you like but I thought I was being honest with myself and him and I expected the same. I just left an abusive marriage and I was very broken still kind of am so the attention felt good. As for cougar, whatever floats your boat, just not me. I will take your advise and take a breather. I did get caught up obviously so I need to be more grounded before I date the next guy
There's much more to "cougar" and "cougar fanciers" than simply an age difference. I think it's a mindset geared towards promiscuity.

Take me ... my husband is 10 years younger than me.

Just because the woman is older doesn't mean it can't work out to something long term. Now with this term "cougar" it's like dating a younger man is something extra stupid and automatically means the woman is used.

As for your situation, he's only the first person you've dated ... there will be more and hopefully you will find the one that is seeking a similar level of dating, commitment, etc., that you are.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Wow a lot to think about. I thought you dated to see if you liked a person past the intitial attraction. I like him, maybe I moved faster than I was emotionally equipped to handle. Thinking it over I would have like to continue dating him and see where it went. So maybe I wasn't as honest with myself as I thought.
It sounds like a two-sided rebound relationship. You were probably both lonely, wanting reassurance and found each other but like most rebound relationships, it wasn't meant to be.

Just learn from it.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
I know I know action speaks louder than words, but why the words? I'm just curious? He just got out of a 5 year relationship me just out of a 17 year. He is younger and I never would have gone there but he really pursued. I made it clear I wasn't looking for anything serious I don't have time... 2 kids, a full time job and I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce, but......I didn't expect to be dropped. I was warned by a friend he wasn't looking for anything serious so I thought we were on the same page. I am attractive I know this because I have been asked out more lately than 17 years ago when I was single. I look a lot younger than I am, I am in good shape give or take 10 lbs. He is really good looking and can get any girl he wants, why me? I know there is no one else, he has been just living life so to speak playing sports and going out with friends.
So why would he say things to me like future talk? Was he that intent on getting some from me.......needless to say I am not that experienced so maybe it was a disappointment to him.
Any thoughts.......I really could use advise before I end up making the same mistake twice......Also he is the only guy I have gone out with since I left my husband 15 months ago.
Some people -- men and women just out of a relationship are raring to go, they want action, they want to seduce, party, or whatever -- let everything pent up out.

Others out of a long term relationship are fragile, needy, emotionally battered.

Either way, a newly divorced woman is stereotyped as "hot to trot" so you were easy prey for a man eager to be on the prowl again.

The way not to have it happen again is to get your divorce behind you, give yourself lots of time to heal. Find yourself -- not through others but through healing and growing, decide your own direction, raise your children, become independent. Accept that you have lots of baggage now and so does anyone you'll likely meet, and you might want to find someone someday with equivalent baggage -- it makes it more even. Don't be in a hurry for any relationship.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 PM

153 posts, read 237,411 times
Quote:

Well I was unaware of the "3 date rule"........Thinking about my question and everyone's input, I realize I am very green to the single life.

I'm not banging anyone else and Pumping and dumping is what you did if you drank and needed to expel breast milk since you wouldn't give it to your baby.

I did like the guy, we seemed to click that's what I found confusing or upsetting.

thanks for all the replies

Old 04-22-2010, 08:10 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,137 times
Quote:
Well I was unaware of the "3 date rule"........Thinking about my question and everyone's input, I realize I am very green to the single life.

I'm not banging anyone else and Pumping and dumping is what you did if you drank and needed to expel breast milk since you wouldn't give it to your baby.

I did like the guy, we seemed to click that's what I found confusing or upsetting.

thanks for all the replies
Well you sound really nice. And some dumaxx player just ruined another good looking single mom who has now sealed up the vault.

Here is some parting advice you should never forget. Hold out for a single dad. He will be volunteering on the playground of your children's school or coaching at the YMCA or little league.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times
Quote:
Well you sound really nice. And some dumaxx player just ruined another good looking single mom who has now sealed up the vault.

Here is some parting advice you should never forget. Hold out for a single dad. He will be volunteering on the playground of your children's school or coaching at the YMCA or little league.
So what, she's not worthy of finding a single man without kids?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM

153 posts, read 237,411 times
LMAO..........at least I'm smiling thanks to all these replies postive or not. I know really?....... do I have to find a single dad? My ex is my son's little league coach so I WON'T be going there, actually my kids are very envolved in sports and I will only be a spectator NO DATING coaches My kids are 11 and 13 and keep me very busy. I am lonely........there I ADMIT it! My marriage was a lonely marriage as well as abusive. I am still healing and thankfully with the help of friends and family I will be good and hopefully SOMEDAY Mr right or Mr right for me will walk into my life
I am nice BTW but that is a thorn in my side because I was also a doormat but I'd rather be nice still........

Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
So what, she's not worthy of finding a single man without kids?
Most single guys without kids will pass on LTRs with single moms if they have options. To quote malamute, "you might want to find someone someday with equivalent baggage -- it makes it more even."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships