Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^ I was thinking the same thing...Sounds to me that Jo probably sees everyone as a threat to her.
I was wondering if Margaret brought up the issue or if you did..If she did then that is good as they had talked about it.

I am glad things worked out ok as it would be hard to be neighbors.

You did your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times
In the animal world a stare is looked upon as a challenge, a way of showing dominance. She is trying to intimidate you, sounds very juvenile, and well animal like.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,465 times
[quote=DaisyChain19;13853676]

I nodded and told her my husband's name was also Joe and we laughed a little over that. She asked me not to mind "her Jo" because she was really kind of jealous ever since the mother of the twins left her when they were babies.

Yep, jealousy. It turns people evil I tell you!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyChain19 View Post
Wow, thank you for all the great points of view. Because I work with the public as a receptionist I am basically very friendly and nice so someone being angry at me is very hard to take.

This week I am on vacation starting today so I have been gardening my backyard that borders theirs. The taller, younger lady came out with the two little boys and I saw the kids were twins.

I smiled at her and the kids ran to their swingset to side or swing. The lady said hi and I said my sisters are also twins. I complimented her children and said they were handsome boys (they are tow headed blonds).

She walked over and said her name was Margaret and that she was a stay home mom. She said the twins were Devon and Matthew and her wife was Jo.

I nodded and told her my husband's name was also Joe and we laughed a little over that. She asked me not to mind "her Jo" because she was really kind of jealous ever since the mother of the twins left her when they were babies.

I said you are not the real mother and she said no, she was only married to Jo for two and a half years. Their real mom was Jo's girlfriend who didn't want to be a mother but Jo pressured her to have kids after they were together a few years. The woman left a few months after the twins were born because Jo wanted her to get pregnant again.

Margaret siad Jo wanted a lot of kids and they'd take that step soon as they were settled. Up close I could see she was a bit younger than the other woman.

I remarked it was hard to have a baby with little ones around and she said she would do whatever made Jo happy and they married with the understanding they would live very openly and have as many children as "made Jo happy." Jo worked hard to support them and she believed her role was be a good housewife and bear the kids because that is what she was taught made a marriage happy.

Then those little boys cried for her and she waved and went to push them on the swings.
Good update Glad you took the high road, I bet things will improve going forward, though Jo sounds like the jealous distrustful type, so I hope you aren't Margaret's type, lol (in Jo's mind only of course!!)

Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
I'm glad everything is going to work out. Congradulations on having a happy neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships