Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,119,388 times

Advertisements

As a single dad I think if anybody referd to my daughter as "baggage" I would punch them.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,444,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
Oh he may have them, but just has zero contact. I know of several men that state they have no kids, but their ex wife's would disagree completely...

I was a single mom to a three year old when I met my boyfriend. She is now 8. We have a two year old together. I am thankful that he fell in love with both my daughter and I. She considers him her dad. Her bio dad is out dating, telling people he has no kids. What he means is he has no kids he claims, nor supports.

With that said, I refuse to date men with kids. I do so because I know me. The guy I dated prior to my boyfriend had an autistic child. I could not stand the child and made the decision to never put myself in a situation where I hate another child. It was not fair to the child. I love my own kids. I have zero patience for any one else's kids.
Women like this make me sooo glad that I'm not a guy!

I have never seen this type of crap spewing out of the mouth of a single dad. Never!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,336,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know guys. It seems to me that if you like/love someone enough ~ you can get past the fact that they are a single or divorced parent.

I dated a guy that had sole custody of his son (this was years ago). Yes, it was hard at times because I didn't understand all the time that parenting would take. However, it wasn't enough to make me walk away. We had some great times - both with and without his son.

Then again, I enjoy children and did even before I had my own.

NOW, I did date a divorced dad that had six children and I had one of my own. I remember him asking me how I would feel about taking care of 7 children and I dropped him like a hot potato. THAT, I couldn't see myself doing.
LOL, I don't think anyone would blame you!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 AM

13,587 posts, read 21,366,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
MEN IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON HAVE NO BUSINESS DATING SINGLE MOTHERS

Unless you dont mind being set up for child support for children that arent yours. its not law. its how law is practiced in court rooms. if a guy acts in the capacity of a father role for extended time, he can be taken to the cleaners.

too risky!

Is this true everybody? If so that is messed up.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 AM

601 posts, read 758,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Is this true everybody? If so that is messed up.
read the news bro..its happening in california and washington. people misread that if something isnt written iin law it must not be true. but it has little to do with whats written and more to do with how law is practiced and interpreted by courts in the spirit of a law. its funny because its been happening for last 3.5 yrs here. i remember tom leykis came on the radio outraged about this

Old 08-21-2012, 10:47 AM

Links to reports of this happening would be helpful. Then again I would never live in California for its various messed up laws and restrictions anyway. Sorry to bash Cali but what they call progressive and forward thinking many else consider regressive.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,328,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
As a single dad I think if anybody referd to my daughter as "baggage" I would punch them.
And they'd punch you back. To a woman who didn't produce her, she ought to be "baggage."

Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,328,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
MEN IN CALIFORNIA AND WASHINGTON HAVE NO BUSINESS DATING SINGLE MOTHERS

Unless you dont mind being set up for child support for children that arent yours. its not law. its how law is practiced in court rooms. if a guy acts in the capacity of a father role for extended time, he can be taken to the cleaners.

too risky!
The ones who stick around long enough are the "namby pamby" ones. I hope this isn't true, but it might follow the logic that shacking up for too long is equivalent to marriage.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
At my age, 42, it is very hard to find a guy without kids. i cant rule them out as a result. However, my new.guy doesnt have any. I swear it is like I have hit the jackpot! So much better as we can be spontaneous.

Yet some women here have stated in the past that if they meet a guy in his 30's let alone in his 40's with no kids and never been married (like me) they view him with suspiscion thinking he is set in his ways, not a commiting type, selfish to his own life, life long "player" looking for sex not a relationship.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM

382 posts, read 823,457 times
People generally don't seek out single parents, but then they end up falling in love wih one. People set out with a list, but then they meet "the one" and the list goes out the window. I know so many women who have all of these criteria: he has to be tall, he has to be a professional, he has to have dark hair, etc. and they end up with someone the exact opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships