Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:50 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,657,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL.......yeah, there's plenty of Ronnie to go around. I'm a international lover.

I like my ice cream to come in 31 flavors.

Right on, man, with whipped cream on top

Old 04-24-2010, 08:11 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,090,116 times
I've had people make similar remarks to me about dating White men. I'm "rejecting myself " by dating White men, I'm a "traitor to my race" and all that bullcrap.

I reject all the those arguments because I know what's in my heart and what's true. I simply find White men very attractive and that's who I date. I recognize acknowledge and understand that there are good Black men out there but my preference is for a White men, period.

My dating preference has nothing to do with rejecting the Black race. If I have children (even by a White man) they will be considered Black, and since I still want to have children, by the illogic above, I've rejected my children before they are even born.

Ignore those comments. I find they are most often made by those you wouldn't consider dating in the first place.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 AM

94 posts, read 69,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
UGH........that really F**KED up my night. She was someone that came to dinner with the guy friend I was with. She is in no way a friend of mine.
I have many Black women as friends and I've heard them more than any other group say they don't like interracial dating. Men don't seem to care as much.

I think it's because Black women get jealous because many Black men seem to like fat White women. But some have told me they don't want to because they want a child that looks like them. Which is funny because I'll usual respond with "I don't like it either because it dumbs down the White gene pool" and then they act offended. Somehow it's okay when they do it but when I present it from a point of racial superiority they find it offensive.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,154,460 times
I date my race as well as others. You completely do not date your own race.

I think that's much different than what I do.........and that would probably be a good thread all by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I've had people make similar remarks to me about dating White men. I'm "rejecting myself " by dating White men, I'm a "traitor to my race" and all that bullcrap.

I reject all the those arguments because I know what's in my heart and what's true. I simply find White men very attractive and that's who I date. I recognize acknowledge and understand that there are good Black men out there but my preference is for a White men, period.

My dating preference has nothing to do with rejecting the Black race. If I have children (even by a White man) they will be considered Black, and since I still want to have children, by the illogic above, I've rejected my children before they are even born.

Ignore those comments. I find they are most often made by those you wouldn't consider dating in the first place.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
I have many Black women as friends and I've heard them more than any other group say they don't like interracial dating. Men don't seem to care as much.

I think it's because Black women get jealous because many Black men seem to like fat White women. But some have told me they don't want to because they want a child that looks like them. Which is funny because I'll usual respond with "I don't like it either because it dumbs down the White gene pool" and then they act offended. Somehow it's okay when they do it but when I present it from a point of racial superiority they find it offensive.
Apparently black men like fat black women as well. Black women are leading as it relates to obesity. MOST people date within their own race and that's okay.

I think, IMO, black women and white men are the least likely to date each other more so the black men and white women. At least as it relates to black/white relationships.

Black folks can be just as prejudiced as whites. I somewhat think it's normal, for people, to respond to others they don't know like that.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:27 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,992,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post

In all fairness there is a difference in what you are suggesting here. Their wanting children to look like them is very different to believing that you'll end up producing intellectually inferior offspring as a result of mixing.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
In all fairness there is a difference in what you are suggesting here. Their wanting children to look like them is very different to believing that you'll end up producing intellectually inferior offspring as a result of mixing.
Yes, that's not even remotely close.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 AM

7,117 posts, read 9,156,552 times
True love is no respecter of race.

Actually, like Mr. Cat said I only date within my race, the Human Race.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,555,636 times
I don't think there's anything wrong with people preferring some physical characteristic to other characteristics. A lot of black and hispanic women bleach their hair as blonde as they can get it because a lot of men prefer blonde hair. Some people prefer brunettes, some prefer thin women (or men) some prefer huskier.

You can't do much to change your what physical traits appeal most to you - but for some reason most people seem to pick someone who resembles themselves. You often see tall people with tall people, short with short, fat with fat, blonde with blonde, even hazel eye with hazel eye. It's almost as though they looked in the mirror, liked what they saw and chose similar traits in their mate.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,898,026 times
Black men are kind of fortunate in that way, alot of white women are prejudiced against Asian (all parts of Asia) men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships