U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2010, 07:52 PM
 
210 posts, read 603,265 times
Reputation: 240
Default How do you find out if someone's married or divorced for free online?

I've been trying to find out the marriage/divorce status of some acquaintances online, with no luck. Since these are public records, I can't figure out why they're so hard to find. All the sites I've found require payment for this information.

Does anyone know of any sites that provide this information for free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-24-2010, 07:56 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 18,205,787 times
Reputation: 10491
How about just asking them? Dont be all creepy and sneaky about it. Just ask to find out. If they are the kind of people who you think may not be truthful about such a simple question then they are not worth having in one's life now arent they?

Your post just screams of "psycho stalker" to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
 
24,495 posts, read 14,127,595 times
Reputation: 24800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
I've been trying to find out the marriage/divorce status of some acquaintances online, with no luck. Since these are public records, I can't figure out why they're so hard to find. All the sites I've found require payment for this information.

Does anyone know of any sites that provide this information for free?
Free advice? Where's Red when you need her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Incognito
6,987 posts, read 12,701,177 times
Reputation: 5276
Do a background check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
 
17,788 posts, read 16,860,694 times
Reputation: 17548
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
How about just asking them? Dont be all creepy and sneaky about it. Just ask to find out. If they are the kind of people who you think may not be truthful about such a simple question then they are not worth having in one's life now arent they?

Your post just screams of "psycho stalker" to me.
No kidding. Yeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2010, 08:31 PM
 
24,495 posts, read 14,127,595 times
Reputation: 24800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
I've been trying to find out the marriage/divorce status of some acquaintances online, with no luck. Since these are public records, I can't figure out why they're so hard to find. All the sites I've found require payment for this information.

Does anyone know of any sites that provide this information for free?
You can get information through the state, but you would have to know what state they were married and/or divorced in to obtain info for free. They search every state which is what you pay for. There are plenty of sites online that provide a seven day trial period for free or limited info for free. Just type in find marriage/divorce certificates in your browser and see what comes up. If it's that important you would post here looking for ways to find it then paying for it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, a lot of that information is years old and taken from census information, which is now 10 years old so they could have gotten married or divorced in between that time so online info is not that accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 01:19 AM
 
219 posts, read 482,051 times
Reputation: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
How about just asking them?...

Your post just screams of "psycho stalker" to me.
in defense of OP whose circumstances we don't know. this is kinda uncalled for imo. looks more like discretion to me! I once worked at a total gossip mill place where no jewelry of ANY size or kind was allowed on premises due to safety rules. So this one guy was flirting with me when I was new employee and I really really liked him but couldn't bring myself to ask if he was married because for fear he'd be all over the place bragging that "the new girl is hot for me, hahaha". Tried fishing mentioning "hope you and your family have great weekend...." but no bites, he was vague (RED FLAG). Worse yet; what if a blabbermouth friend you ask is friends with the significant other later found out he was gay so was glad I never stuck my neck out.
If you don't have a mutual trusted friend you can ask who is NOT a walking rumor mill, try to search the name on whitepages.com or the like OP. I was looking for an old boss for a reference once and he and his family in residence came up when I searched "people finder". discretion is your friend in many cases!!! especially when you know you'll have to face the person again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,980 posts, read 18,205,787 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatSayYou View Post
in defense of OP whose circumstances we don't know. this is kinda uncalled for imo. looks more like discretion to me! I once worked at a total gossip mill place where no jewelry of ANY size or kind was allowed on premises due to safety rules. So this one guy was flirting with me when I was new employee and I really really liked him but couldn't bring myself to ask if he was married because for fear he'd be all over the place bragging that "the new girl is hot for me, hahaha". Tried fishing mentioning "hope you and your family have great weekend...." but no bites, he was vague (RED FLAG). Worse yet; what if a blabbermouth friend you ask is friends with the significant other later found out he was gay so was glad I never stuck my neck out.
If you don't have a mutual trusted friend you can ask who is NOT a walking rumor mill, try to search the name on whitepages.com or the like OP. I was looking for an old boss for a reference once and he and his family in residence came up when I searched "people finder". discretion is your friend in many cases!!! especially when you know you'll have to face the person again!!!
As I have said before - CREEPY AND PSYCHO!! Definite RED FLAG to any guy if a woman wants to check the hall of records for anything on his background. Super creepy and psycho-ish. Just friggin' ask the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 AM
 
Location: New Milford, NJ
1,448 posts, read 1,961,377 times
Reputation: 964
Asking doesn't always mean you'll get a truthful answer. Better to be safe than sorry, maybe that's why the OP wants to check. There are people who are so smooth and good at lying that you would never guess they were lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Leaving fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
1,475 posts, read 3,343,143 times
Reputation: 933
Assuming they go divorced in the county you live in, go to county records and look up marriages and divorces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top