Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,380,894 times

Advertisements

whether it denotes loserdom, well it's for the guy to decide.

i don't think it matters in general though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,706,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leila2000 View Post
Hello!
Great forum, I had fun reading all posts!
I am 26, have been busy traveling worldwide and getting my MBA Only had a 3 months platonic RL and that was 6 years ago . Havent been on a date since then (Not that I cared much ). Actually nobody -in my age range- asks me on a date... But I do get mature men trying to get my attention all the time I am pretty down to earth but look VERY young and dont understand the interest... freaks me out a bit Now that I have a steady career, I really wanna catch up... People constantly tell me I am very pretty and smart... but I am a little shy and I feel like I intimidate most men... Dont know where/how to start a RL... Once in a blue moon, I would be attracted to someone (the quiet and intellectual type), but would become so utterly excited they would freak out... What do i need to know before I hit the dating scene? And at what stage of the dating should I reveal my VGTY? Is that a turn off for a man? Just looking for someone I can connect with, who would see in me, more than just a pretty face. I am afraid my lack of experience is gonna hurt me ... Would a man date a 26y virgin and not think she is a freak? And how long would a good mate be willing to wait before having
Tip #1:
Send me a DM

Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,711,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leila2000 View Post
Once in a blue moon, I would be attracted to someone (the quiet and intellectual type), but would become so utterly excited they would freak out... What do i need to know before I hit the dating scene? And at what stage of the dating should I reveal my VGTY? Is that a turn off for a man? Just looking for someone I can connect with, who would see in me, more than just a pretty face. I am afraid my lack of experience is gonna hurt me ... Would a man date a 26y virgin and not think she is a freak? And how long would a good mate be willing to wait before having
About them freaking out, do you mean that you come on too strong? If so, just relax.

As for your virginity, I'd wait until you've decided to get physical. If he wants sex earlier in the relationship than you feel that you're ready for, just say that you want to take it slow (this works if you're a virgin or not). I was 24 and told him at nearly the last second, mainly because I was worried that it could hurt if he was a little rough and didn't know to take it easy. It didn't weird him out. Really, it's only as big of a deal as you make it. If you burst out with "I'm a virgin" early on and keep bringing it up or acting awkward about it, he'll probably get freaked out. If it comes up and you're just like "yup, it just happened that way" then it's not a huge deal. Honestly, it's probably more common than you think (I know of several who are 25-26, none for religious reasons).

Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,327,365 times
You're 26 and obviously not afraid of using up smilies in almost every sentence. I like that in a woman.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Re-Read Mango-Tango's post. I too doubt that you intimidate very many men. Is it possible you have the idea you are a good catch, but in reality maybe you're just average? I'm not trying to put you down, I'm trying to get you to stop and think what you are doing wrong to attrack only older men, and not younger guys your own age. When you talk to an attractive guy you would be interested in dating, do you get nervous? Sometimes you might come across differently than you think. Your dress, the way you wear your hair, your smile and attitude all give an indication of what you are all about. You need to change something if you want to change the results.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 AM

73 posts, read 208,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Tip #1:
Send me a DM
I would rather take things slowly

Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Tip #1:
Send me a DM
well, you get 10 out of 10 for forwardness.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
whether it denotes loserdom, well it's for the guy to decide.

i don't think it matters in general though.
by the by, whoever posted the rep point (you know who you are ), i don't go for 20-something women. i largely like older women. a late 30s virgin, well it's bad to be judgmental, but i would in honesty be like .

Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times
virgin aint too bad just tell the guy close to when your about to do it and be open to what he has to say. might even be kinda cool cuz sometimes you run across that girl that gives a bad bj or whatever and your all "yo bish do it like this" and they are all "wtf i know what im doing" and then its all ughhh this girls is dumb.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
virgin aint too bad just tell the guy close to when your about to do it and be open to what he has to say. might even be kinda cool cuz sometimes you run across that girl that gives a bad bj or whatever and your all "yo bish do it like this" and they are all "wtf i know what im doing" and then its all ughhh this girls is dumb.
...and....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships