Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 PM

21 posts, read 25,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
He suggested dinner first and you panned him! Why would he suggest ice cream or something else when you shut him down on the first offer?

Not to be harsh, but I don't think you get it. He asked you out (not something a wuss would do) and you didn't accept. It wasn't something outlandish - it was dinner which is something to be expected for a date.
it's kinda hard to get the whole thing straight in fear of being too wordy. but here goes.... he suggested dinner but i said i want a movie first. he's like" oh can we go both movie&dinner. I agreed but then i picked a late movie which makes dinner impossible( maybe subconsciously i didn't want both, i want go slow and one at a time) so i suggested to skip dinner. i thought we can always go next time. cause the movie was on saturday, if he wanted we could go dinner on sunday.
he was totally fine with that and joked about he will make a record to see how many times i turned him down for dinner.
was i being the wierdo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makenosense View Post
it's kinda hard to get the whole thing straight in fear of being too wordy. but here goes.... he suggested dinner but i said i want a movie first. he's like" oh can we go both movie&dinner. I agreed but then i picked a late movie which makes dinner impossible( maybe subconsciously i didn't want both, i want go slow and one at a time) so i suggested to skip dinner. i thought we can always go next time. cause the movie was on saturday, if he wanted we could go dinner on sunday.
he was totally fine with that and joked about he will make a record to see how many times i turned him down for dinner.
was i being the wierdo?
Don't ask me, I'm single.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:29 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
how many times i turned him down for dinner.
There's your answer.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Sounds like you saw the movie, "He's Just Not That Into You." Or whatever the heck the title of that flick was.

As much as I hate to quote it, that is really what it sounds like to me.

Sometimes, it takes a guy a little longer than usual to figure it out.
are u a guy? don't you agree with that quote?
i think it's damn right and applys universally

Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 PM

i start wondering if i should get him a call or something to get things straight
just feel weird.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
There's your answer.
I agree.

He offers dinner at an expensive restaurant AND a movie and then you pick a conflicting showtime so you can't have dinner? And then afterward, he admits he's hungry and you don't take the bait to say, "Well, hey, I could go for a burger or something, too!"?

His comment about keeping track of how many times you turn down dinner is telling. He offered a great date and you basically slapped him down into the "friend zone." That's probably why he's not contacting you.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:07 AM

also i suggested movie because i got a movie card from work. i thought it would be fun to use it with him. i also told him that . but he paid for tickets anyway before i knew it.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
also i suggested movie because i got a movie card from work. i thought it would be fun to use it with him. i also told him that . but he paid for tickets anyway before i knew it.
Not that all men are like this, but you may of saved yourself, If he did fork all this money out for you, he may be disappointed you didn't give him a little sum-sum.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Not that all men are like this, but you may of saved yourself, If he did fork all this money out for you, he may be disappointed you didn't give him a little sum-sum.
I don't think it's money issue. I don't think he paid for tickets in hope to get sum-sum either. he's just being very old-fashioned gentleman.

I wrote him a short email today, thanked him again for movie and told him i wish to see him again on MSN. he didn't write a word back, how rude it's not even like him. i was expecting him to have the common courtasy to say you are welcome but we just didn't click. wish you good luck.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
I think your mistake was when after the movie he asked you "you're not hungry are you?" - you should have said yes, or let's get a drink / snack, etc. He may have felt that you utrned him down.

I agree with another post - a movie is no way to get to know someone. You can't talk and get to know someone while watching a movie.

I don't think I'd give up on this one. Send him an email and ask him out for coffee / drink, etc. I really think he may feel that you are not interested. Give it another try. If that doesn't pan out - them move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships