Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 AM

121 posts, read 192,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I see it this way: The man does all the work during courtship... which usually last about a year or maybe 18 months. After marriage, the woman does all the work which will last for the rest of their lives.

I think a smart man knows that he is getting a really good deal!

Let's face it, after marriage, the lifestyle of the average woman usually spirals downward into an unending pit of drudgery, household chores, child-rearing and oftentimes working full time and contributing 50-50 financially on top of everything else. While the man (the lucky dog) enjoys all the advantages that a wife brings to a household which are too numerous to list in a single post.
Ok since you never take any initiatives or show any love or appriciation to your partner then don't complain if you have to do all the household chores, because thats the least you can do.

I really hope not all women are like you because to me you do sound selfish in the way that you expect the man to do eveything for you and initiate everything without you giving anything back. How can a man even know that you are intrested or feel loved and appriciated if you never initiate anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Forgive me for being crass but I also thing that because we woman endure monthly cycles in order to carry and deliver your children, the least a man can do is plan a few dates now and then.
I'm not just talking about planning a few dates now and then... Men have to initiate EVERY contact, EVERY date, men has to initiate EVERY act of affection and intimacy whetever it's just a kiss or sex men has to initiate it every time.

I hope I can find a woman who is not completley selfish and is willing to put in as much effort in the relationship as I am and is willing to initiate as much as I am... But it's not looking very likely that a woman like that even exists.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Forgive me for being crass but I also thing that because we woman endure monthly cycles in order to carry and deliver your children, the least a man can do is plan a few dates now and then.
But...I never said I wanted kids. And the women who approach me don't want kids either. I don't expect them to contribute financially either, and am willing to support them.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
So women love being loved much more then they actually love the other person in a relationship it sounds like..

Relationship is pretty much all about a women and what the women wants feels needs, the guys just an accesory.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
So women love being loved much more then they actually love the other person in a relationship it sounds like..

Relationship is pretty much all about a women and what the women wants feels needs, the guys just an accesory.

And with that kind of mentality, that's why you're still single.

I do the initiative in intimacy and....stuff. I support him. Is that enough OP? I contribute in the relationship, I make dinner and teach him how to cook (more romantic that way), and other personal things too hot to be posted. It's a dime in a dozen to have a girl who gives 50% in the relationship than a guy to do almost everything.

My advise to you OP, kiddo, it's worth being rejected by a girl who isn't worth your time by trying to treat you like "the generic boyfriend," an accessory because you'll be increasing your chances of meeting a girl (or she'll meet you) who does give you affection as much as she gives back.

Well, give it a few more years because girls your age don't really know what they want pretty much, they'll have to get mature for that matter...

Old 05-17-2010, 06:33 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I'm not just talking about planning a few dates now and then... Men have to initiate EVERY contact, EVERY date, men has to initiate EVERY act of affection and intimacy whetever it's just a kiss or sex men has to initiate it every time.

I hope I can find a woman who is not completley selfish and is willing to put in as much effort in the relationship as I am and is willing to initiate as much as I am... But it's not looking very likely that a woman like that even exists.
This doesn't make sense to me. I have never been in a relationship where my man had to call me or visit every time. Such thoughts never crossed my mind. If anything, I've seen plenty of guys complain about their girls calling them too much.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post

I think that's pretty much spot on. Women don't want the man to feel loved, they only want the man to make them feel loved.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I think that's pretty much spot on. Women don't want the man to feel loved, they only want the man to make them feel loved.
Women? Come on with the generalizations. Some people are selfish. Some people are giving. It's not gender specific.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
Pathetic and desperate? Wow. Nothing turns me on more than a woman who's a fighter and protects her man, just as he protects her. To me, there is something INCREDIBLY beautiful about it. I do see some women like that in various movies, series, and anime.

An example of what I mean: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rtanxp/f12.jpg

But seeing something like it in real life...would be amazing. Many guys would agree.
Sounds equal to me.
Anime seems to have this theme a lot.
With one of the protagonists being weak and the other being strong.
Situations force them to protect each other and they end up both being tougher by the end.
Which highlights the fact that a tough woman and a tough man can be an awesome combination.
See it less so in American made action films unless its either centered around the woman as a tough character or the woman is a supporting character who is somehow 'special'.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
To be honest, I'm disappointed in the responses on this thread. The dude is just asking some simple questions. Some people are going as far as suggesting he is a coward, or some kind of beta male simply because he's questioning the status quo.

And as far as all the women posting about how you like guys with a "backbone" and "courage," well that still does not mean that he is a DECENT RESPECTABLE MAN!

I know quite a few guys with enough courage to walk up to any woman with 2 legs, but guess what, many of these guys are no good DOGS, and will skip town as soon as you tell them you're pregnant.

Shoot, judging by all the single moms I see in the streets, seems to me like yall sleeping with the same type of dudes! The dudes that have courage (mostly from the liquid kind) to approach you, but then bail when you really need them the most!
It is quite interesting how some things are referred to as 'preference' and others are referred to as being 'weak' or 'bad' depending on what situation or gender it refers to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships