Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
Pathetic and desperate? Wow. Nothing turns me on more than a woman who's a fighter and protects her man, just as he protects her. To me, there is something INCREDIBLY beautiful about it. I do see some women like that in various movies, series, and anime.

An example of what I mean: http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...rtanxp/f12.jpg

But seeing something like it in real life...would be amazing. Many guys would agree.
Yup and they call that a fantasy. ^^^

In the real world, women have empathy and concern for children and other women. Men have empathy and concern for women and children. But nobody has any concern or empathy for men; we don't even care for each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
> But nobody has any concern or empathy for men; we don't even care for each other.

Awww. That is sad. I'm sure your mother loves you!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Taking initiative can be seen in a few different ways.

1. Is taking initiative when given the right signals to

2. Taking the cold approach without signals

I think most men do 1, and most guys who do 2...also do 1.

Few women do 1 and even fewer do 2.

IMO most women don't do either because most men are either doing 1 &/or 2.
I suck at reading signals. But if a woman comes up to me and tries to engage me in conversation--and works at it--on a regular basis, it's a pretty good indication she's interested. Especially the one time she grabbed my notebook and pen, flipped to the middle, wrote down her number and the words "Call me". Unfortunately, it was someone I worked with, so I had to decline.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Women? Come on with the generalizations. Some people are selfish. Some people are giving. It's not gender specific.

He hates women right now because they won't come up to him to ask him out or "take the initiative."

The OP is still a child. Give him a few more years.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 AM

121 posts, read 192,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
He hates women right now because they won't come up to him to ask him out or "take the initiative."

The OP is still a child. Give him a few more years.
No, I don't hate women at all. The thing is that it's not just me they don't approach... Women don't take the initiative with men at all, not just me.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM

917 posts, read 2,948,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
No, I don't hate women at all. The thing is that it's not just me they don't approach... Women don't take the initiative with men at all, not just me.
But they DO. Multiple women AND men on this forum have stated this from their personal experience. You could say that a decent number of women expect men to take the initiative and no one would argue, but you say all women never take the initiative and you have been proven wrong so many times over, it's just kind of sad now.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Well you can blame the women for not taking initiative, but realistically these women don't need to approach men because they are already being approached on a regular basis. Hence why there is no reason to switch up the game plan. Essentially you'd have to blame men for this.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I suck at reading signals. But if a woman comes up to me and tries to engage me in conversation--and works at it--on a regular basis, it's a pretty good indication she's interested. Especially the one time she grabbed my notebook and pen, flipped to the middle, wrote down her number and the words "Call me". Unfortunately, it was someone I worked with, so I had to decline.
I was kinda like this when I was in my late teens, early 20s, but as I got older I learned to converse with just about anyone, so it all worked out. I never really liked the cold approach though--because that method is really a numbers game, where you can expect X amount to say "yes" and an even larger Y amount to say "no." Success with the women who throw you signals first is much higher...it's like the invitation that has already been put out there, you just have to do enough not to screw it up, plus it's always easier to work with women who are just as attracted to you as you are to them. Cold approaching is really like selling insurance...and NO ONE likes to be sold insurance, but once in a while they can get the sale lol.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I was kinda like this when I was in my late teens, early 20s, but as I got older I learned to converse with just about anyone, so it all worked out. I never really liked the cold approach though--because that method is really a numbers game, where you can expect X amount to say "yes" and an even larger Y amount to say "no." Success with the women who throw you signals first is much higher...it's like the invitation that has already been put out there, you just have to do enough not to screw it up, plus it's always easier to work with women who are just as attracted to you as you are to them. Cold approaching is really like selling insurance...and NO ONE likes to be sold insurance, but once in a while they can get the sale lol.

Sales is a good analogy for asking out the ladies.

I had a friend that would literally ask every woman, in a place, for her phone number. Just like that, "Can I have your phone number." Most the time it was a very quick NO. His success rate was like 1/2% to 1%. He didn't care. I asked him once and he said as long as he got 1 phone number he could work with that, and if they said NO quick it was alright cuz he could go on to the next one. That GUY had some THICK skin.

Most people are like me and you and wait for somebody to show some interest.

BUT, what we have here is a bunch of guys that want to sit inside the Car Dealership...watching TV...and have somebody come up to them with the car all picked out, paperwork done, and ready to drive it off the lot. Sorry, doesn't hardly ever work that way.

I've worked sales and sometimes you get some that are WAY too easy...and they worry you.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Sales is a good analogy for asking out the ladies.

I had a friend that would literally ask every woman, in a place, for her phone number. Just like that, "Can I have your phone number." Most the time it was a very quick NO. His success rate was like 1/2% to 1%. He didn't care. I asked him once and he said as long as he got 1 phone number he could work with that, and if they said NO quick it was alright cuz he could go on to the next one. That GUY had some THICK skin.

Most people are like me and you and wait for somebody to show some interest.

BUT, what we have here is a bunch of guys that want to sit inside the Car Dealership...watching TV...and have somebody come up to them with the car all picked out, paperwork done, and ready to drive it off the lot. Sorry, doesn't hardly ever work that way.

I've worked sales and sometimes you get some that are WAY too easy...and they worry you.
I'm in sales, and I have noticed much the same thing. Some people sit around and wait for a romantic interest to fall from the sky and hit them in the head.

I am able to turn the charm on or off, depending on my mood. It's the same way with sales. If a customer is really marginal and I don't care if I get their business or not, I can be very stand-offish. If it is a really good deal, I will be the most charming personality you've ever seen.

If you think a woman is giving you the cold shoulder, it usually means that she is. She's just not that into you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships