Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 10,352 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just found out that my boyfriends of 3years, just signed up with 3 online sex sites. His online ad states that he's looking for no strings attached hook ups. I don't know if he has actually met up with these women but he has emailed back and forth with at least 2 women. How do i confront him without letting him know I checked his email (I know i'm wrong)??? This is killing me inside.

Thanks!

Update: He signed up but never paid for the membership..if this matters. I want him to understand how he has hurt me but when he realizes I checked his emails, i'm sure he will turn it around

Last edited by topmop2010; 04-26-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop2010 View Post
Hi,

I just found out that my boyfriends of 3years, just signed up with 3 online sex sites. His online ad states that he's looking for no strings attached hook ups. I don't know if he has actually met up with these women but he has emailed back and forth with at least 2 women. I do i confront him without letting him know I checked his email (I know i'm wrong)??? This is killing me inside.

Thanks!
This must be devastating for you. My heart goes out to you. If you don't want to confront him and let him know you've viewed his emails, I'd take the sneaky way out and just find another excuse to leave. Obviously, it will not be possible for him to be faithful in a relationship. I'm sure if you confronted him, he may come up with some excuses (i.e. "I signed up to get a friend laid" or "I signed up on a dare" etc). I just wouldn't want to deal with all that. I think I would be that disgusted. He is putting his health and your health at risk by doing this.

Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Best of luck.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Yes, confront him. Just let him know your instincts told you something wasn't right and so you took the liberty of checking his email. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM

213 posts, read 416,702 times
If infidelity bothers you then you should dump his ass because he'll turn into Tiger Woods after you're married. He likely won't change and will cheat on you if he knows he won't get caught. On the otherhand if you're cool with an open type relationship or him having affairs on the side, then stick with him for his other admirable qualities but fidelity sure doesn't should like it would be one of them.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I can't believe you would even care about him knowing you checked his email when he is fishing in some other pond and has snagged a few--even if he hasn't shagged them yet. If it were me, I would cut him loose in a heartbeat and throw him out without making any excuses for having snooped in his email. How can you ever trust him??

Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
May seem a little mean or heartless, but you should have sex with him one last time, and make it the best sex for him he's ever had, I mean do everything for him and just go crazy with the most passionate sex ever....then when it's over, tell him your friend saw his profile on an online hookup site, and that it's over, and he'll never get again what he just had with you. BAMMM!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
Quote:
Hi,

I just found out that my boyfriends of 3years, just signed up with 3 online sex sites. His online ad states that he's looking for no strings attached hook ups. I don't know if he has actually met up with these women but he has emailed back and forth with at least 2 women. I do i confront him without letting him know I checked his email (I know i'm wrong)??? This is killing me inside.

Thanks!
answer his on line ad with an alias....see what the conversation is and where it goes.....then after about a month, tell him the truth about who he has been talking to ......but i`m sorry to say that the relationship is over......if it is a real sex site

Old 04-26-2010, 02:54 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,495 times
Ummmm you're wrong? I think he's the wrong one here, you should not feel guilty. Would you feel better if you had not checked it and he brought you home some incurable STD?

First off, know that there is not a lot of good that can come from confronting him. He will get defensive, try to turn it around on you, and probably end up making you out to be the bad one. If I were you, I would start planning how I am going to get out of this relationship. If you are living with him, start looking for somewhere else to stay (or kick him out).

Its actually better that he doesn't know that you know. This gives you some time to start planning your exit. Get some support from friends and family, and kick this loser to the curb.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!
HELL YES confront him! Who cares about what he thinks that you checked his email. He has the nerve to sign up for not 1 but 3 online sex sites and you are questioning how to confront him!

If it were me, I would make up a false identity and respond to his ad. Get him all hot and bothered about me then ask him to meet at an agreed location, show up and bust his a**!! How's that for no strings attached beeeaaaaatch!!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yes, confront him. Just let him know your instincts told you something wasn't right and so you took the liberty of checking his email. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.
the term,"took the liberty" doesn`t sit well.....this is a boyfriend, not a husband......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships