U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do pets listen better than SO's/Husbands?
Yes - Animals are better at listening and obeying. 12 44.44%
No - Animals aren't any better. 6 22.22%
Other 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM

7,319 posts, read 8,702,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Interesting how the word "obey" crops up in the poll. If you put the word "obey" in a poll regarding wives, well, My God.

I think, on the whole, it depends on the woman. Some women, just like some men, talk a lot and yet have absolutely nothing important to say.
If you take note of the word "obey" throughout this thread, there were only 3 people who used it: the OP (a male) in the poll, me (which was said jokingly, but quoted several times) and another female poster where the context of "obey" was in regards to her obeying/not obeying her husband not the reverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM

43,453 posts, read 47,411,979 times
The they must view their marriage or relationship as master to pet.They seem mixed up to me on what a human relationship is and no wander they proably have experienced so many failures.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,649,314 times
No, my dog does not listen any better than my dh. My dh does not listen as well as my girlfriends, but he tries.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM

8,883 posts, read 11,310,836 times
Maybe they need to spend less time talking to their pets and more time talking to people. Or perhaps just less time speaking altogether.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:24 PM

50,379 posts, read 47,835,108 times
the certain kiss to death to any marriage---- listen to everything she says and immediately act upon it.
women dont always mean everything they say or want you to "do something" about it. many reasons why they brought it up other than action.
sometimes they just like to vent.
and at times do regret stuff they say when upset.
the hard part for the guy is knowing when she is just venting and when you do in fact need to take action.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,265,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I know a woman who says her husband is just like her dog. They both sit on the couch most evenings, break wind, and come running when there's food. Although she did say the dog's more affectionate.
Sounds about right. My dog is lazy, farts all the time, and only pays attention to me when I have food. Oh yeah, and she snores. The last time I had a man spend the night it sounded like they were in a competition. LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM

22,389 posts, read 17,165,578 times
And they don't talk back or steal the covers either. My cat also doesn't care that I like flannel PJ's.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 PM

4,101 posts, read 3,229,200 times
Do pets listen better than SO's/Husbands?

I was doing ok with this title, but then in the body of the post the OP had to throw in the word 'obey'. For me that changes everything. I obey the traffic signal down the street, I obey the stop sign, but obey almost sounds like someone has given you an order. Orders from my wife, if she would stoop to that, would go in one ear and out the other, for she is only my wife, she is not my Ruler. I always try to do the things my wife asks of me (yes, the toilet set is down), but I don't look at that as having to take orders or obeying commands. Granted I used to just turn off my ears during my first marriage, because I heard a lot of stuff i didn't want to hear. And when I didn't argue she would ask me "why arn't you saying anything"? My answer was always "because you are talking enought for both of us". When my present wife talks, I try to listen, I try to be a good husband. This whole post reminds me, I've got to get new batteries for my hearing aid, think my wife is calling from the kitchen...

Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,104,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the certain kiss to death to any marriage---- listen to everything she says and immediately act upon it.
women dont always mean everything they say or want you to "do something" about it. many reasons why they brought it up other than action.
sometimes they just like to vent.
and at times do regret stuff they say when upset.
the hard part for the guy is knowing when she is just venting and when you do in fact need to take action.
that is what female friends are for.
vent to them,
or get on CD or some other forum or vent there.
if she does not want me to act, then I do not want to hear it.

lolz

Old 04-29-2010, 02:30 AM

6,042 posts, read 4,747,627 times
This is why there are crazy cat ladies out there. No man will listen to their craziness, so they surround themselves with things that will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships