Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,027,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Nah, I disagree with the part I bolded A certain (small) level of aggressiveness can be helpful, but trying to purposely dominate a conversation will make you look like an idiot. Not only will people not include you in future convos, they'll go running the other way when they see you coming

Now looking people square in the eyes...which shows confidence...that's something I'll agree with ya on, Morph
I guess we run/work in different camps. I can assure you high powered white males are very aggressive intellectually. If you don't aggressively make your points you will not be heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:46 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,583,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I guess we run/work in different camps. I can assure you high powered white males are very aggressive intellectually. If you don't aggressively make your points you will not be heard.
I suppose your statement
Quote:
you need to speak up loud, be aggressive and assertive
sounded to me like being obnoxious

There's a difference between being aggressive and assertive and being an obnoxious buffoon.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 PM

897 posts, read 1,683,661 times
Quote:
I suppose your statement sounded to me like being obnoxious

There's a difference between being aggressive and assertive and being an obnoxious buffoon.

I lucked out and My Wife was the aggressive one doing the talking,LOL.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:49 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,027,137 times
Quote:

Now looking people square in the eyes...which shows confidence...that's something I'll agree with ya on, Morph

The differences around the world are amazing, if you go pull that on people in Africa they don't like that %%%T at all. They think the length of time Americans gaze at each other is arrogant and unfriendly.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,231,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Ha ha, yea I know about that... To be honest though, when guys come up to me and be like; "did you see the game!" I'm like, "F%%%K football, them dudes don't pay my bills!"....

Seriously, I think it's border line psychotic that guys spend so much time idolizing other guys who don't do $$$$T for them and would proly bang their girls/wives given the slightest chance.
Same here! The boss's kid is a big Jocko Johnson and was a star in high school. When it comes to being a man he doesn't know his a** from his elbow! When I have to crawl up on a 6/12 pitch roof in the middle of winter when it is covered with snow it is like pulling teeth to even get him to hold the freaking ladder for me. "I'm not going up there dude"! Wahhhhh.....wahhhhh!!!! Look out and just hold the ladder then! Geez!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,202,332 times
Alcohol helps.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 PM

897 posts, read 1,683,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Alcohol helps.

That's what people have told Me. When I was single and drank,I would hit on every cute woman in the room when I was blitzed.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 PM

233 posts, read 764,853 times
Maybe it would be helpful to relax. Another thing would be not to care whether or not people talk to me.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,583,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
Maybe it would be helpful to relax.
That too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships