Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've mentioned before that I don't even bother with the profiles without photos so in that sense I do agree with the TVSGMeister. I just don't think it's a big deal because most of the profiles do have photos so those are the ones I concentrate on. Women have raised legitimate issues as to why they might not want to put up a photo until they've developed a certain amount of trust with someone and then they'll send a photo to just that one person. If that works for them that's great, it's really nothing to make a fuss about.

The profiles with no photos I always ignored I just get annoyed when I receive a email saying someone left me a message and when i look at their profile i see no photo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The profiles with no photos I always ignored I just get annoyed when I receive a email saying someone left me a message and when i look at their profile i see no photo
Can you change your settings so that you can only be messaged if the person has a picture? I know some dating sites used to have that ability...not sure if they do now.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
TVSG wrote:
Quote:
That does create a problem because you don't know if you should respond or not. I've also mentioned on this forum that I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if they send me a photo and I'm just not attracted to them. Someone had responded to that by saying something to the effect that I could respond by saying that they just weren't my type. I suppose that could be a reasonable way to handle it but I'd just rather not find myself in those circumstances to begin with.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Do you have a photo on your profile?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:00 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
TVSG is this your way of telling us, you are now paying money to find women? Maybe you'll take dating seriously and stop wasting every one's time.
Those paid dating sites are a waste of time and money, half of the "females" on there who contact men are made by the owners of the website to get the guy to join. Don't believe me, make another profile and you'll see that a different named girl will send you the same email, VERBATIM to the first one. Then once you can access the full site, you'll find out that the site is nothing more than a virtual sausage fest, with 50 men to every 1 woman. the site relies on desperate guys like TVSG for income.

Since most dating and "hook up" sites are 3/4 male, the women on there really do not have to send messages, because they already receive dozens of offers from men daily.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
40% of eharmony users are married. why would i want their pictures?
That is interesting.

I did one of their free profiles when dh and I were separated and, when I was done, got a message saying I couldn't join because I was still married. That impressed me so, out of curiosity, I asked what I'd need to do to join after my divorce was final and they told me I had to send them a copy of my divorce decree with the judges name!!!!

I scratched my head and asked them why they think I'd lie about when the divorce was finalized if I didn't lie about my marital status in the first place? I pointed out that I could have simply lied and said I was single. They still said I needed to send a copy of my divorce decree with the judges name.

Apparently, they only put honest people through the wringer. If you just lie in the first place, they leave you alone.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?
You still think the world revolves around you, eh?

You can always send pictures later. Good grief. There are more people on there w/o pics than there are WITH pics. Get over it.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You still think the world revolves around you, eh?

You can always send pictures later. Good grief. There are more people on there w/o pics than there are WITH pics. Get over it.
You know this thread got me thinking, maybe i will take a different approach to dating sites. I think I will remove my pic and see what happens now.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?
Perhaps people do not want to be judged by their appearance. I know that if I were on a dating website, I would want the person to be attracted to my profile and not my picture. If they contacted me by my profile information then I would share a photo - if I liked their profile as well.

Too much emphasis is placed on appearance. Not enough on substance.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-29-2010, 07:51 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Those paid dating sites are a waste of time and money, half of the "females" on there who contact men are made by the owners of the website to get the guy to join. Don't believe me, make another profile and you'll see that a different named girl will send you the same email, VERBATIM to the first one. Then once you can access the full site, you'll find out that the site is nothing more than a virtual sausage fest, with 50 men to every 1 woman. the site relies on desperate guys like TVSG for income.

Since most dating and "hook up" sites are 3/4 male, the women on there really do not have to send messages, because they already receive dozens of offers from men daily.
SO not true.

Another typical complainer that has not had any luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships