Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Looking for love on Crainslist; What in hell do you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 PM

494 posts, read 890,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
At some point you have to realize the only common denominator is YOU.
OP reminds me of a guy on a social networking site I used to hang out on. The women there called him the Cheese Guy. He'd start out having a nice conversation for a few days, and then if a woman showed any interest he would send them photos. Photos of his erect junk wrapped in cheese slices.

He got so predictable that there was a group of us women who would warn new women about him as soon as they signed up on the site. The Cheese Guy left not too long after that, since his cover was blown and all the new women were on to his tricks.

So that's why the OP can't find a woman. The word is out, and whatever cheesy fetish he has is common knowledge in his prospective dating pool.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:14 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It is so annoying to get a message and go in to open up their profile only to see no Photo. If people can't show who they are because of certain jobs then they shouldn't be on there. I don't pay money to get messages from a person with no picture.

A Dating profile without a picture is a Resume without a Name and Address. Why be on the site if people can't see who you are?
I agree there should be a photo. With that said, maybe she wants you to get to know her personality first. I wouldn't be annoyed by the absence of one - if it bothers you, then delete the message and move on.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Looking for love on Crainslist; What in hell do you expect?
There is opportunities for love on CL. I just didn't have the dating skills to turn it into something

Old 05-01-2010, 08:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
There is opportunities for love on CL. I just didn't have the dating skills to turn it into something
If you don't have the "dating skills" for someone on Craigslist, what makes you think you have the "dating skills" where anyone from any list is concerned. Your whole social skills are the problem, period. It's going to be a nice warm day today in Philly so shut off the damned computer, get up off your fat duff and go out into the real world where there are people you can bid "Good Morning" or maybe have a chat with in a coffee shop. Note - PEOPLE, as in "the human race".

Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you don't have the "dating skills" for someone on Craigslist, what makes you think you have the "dating skills" where anyone from any list is concerned. Your whole social skills are the problem, period. It's going to be a nice warm day today in Philly so shut off the damned computer, get up off your fat duff and go out into the real world where there are people you can bid "Good Morning" or maybe have a chat with in a coffee shop. Note - PEOPLE, as in "the human race".
I don't have any plans this weekend since I was out last weekend. I will be out again next weekend. So I guess you can say I go out every other weekend

Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Why do you need a plan to leave your apartment? Walk to the farmer's market; go for a jog in the park; go get coffee somewhere. It's not really that difficult.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:48 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
I don't have any plans this weekend since I was out last weekend. I will be out again next weekend. So I guess you can say I go out every other weekend
WTF? Do you ever do anything spontaneous? Do you just sit in your apartment alone all day? Why can you only go out every other weekend? Inquiring minds want to know...

Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Why do you need a plan to leave your apartment? Walk to the farmer's market; go for a jog in the park; go get coffee somewhere. It's not really that difficult.
Where is it written that a person has to go outside everytime it's a nice day?????????? You know how stupid that sounds?? Now I was out last Saturday but it was CHILLY and Cloudy which means It would have been nice to do what I did last saturday on this saurday. But I think there will be a lot more NICE SATURDAYS before the month of October so I'm fine

Old 05-01-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
WTF? Do you ever do anything spontaneous? Do you just sit in your apartment alone all day? Why can you only go out every other weekend? Inquiring minds want to know...

When I go out I have a purpose

A Date
Family Events
Friends
Shopping
Barbershop

I just don't go out because the weather is nice like a crazy person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships