U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM

48 posts, read 111,534 times
Default Men who call you names or become visibly angry when you politely reject them.

Why the name calling? Why the anger?

I am so bored today and that's why all these posts. LOl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM

5,891 posts, read 4,402,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post

Going into a tizzy is uncalled for in that regard. Getting PO'd when you are played for a fool takes a little different approach and the "player" should be prepared to get an ear full! Not all guys do it but many do!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,620,651 times
Um women get angry too. I think most people can't handle rejection well. The blow to their ego crushes them and they retialiate with anger.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:14 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,057,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Um women get angry too. I think most people can't handle rejection well. The blow to their ego crushes them and they retialiate with anger.
You are correct. This is why I don't approach men. I tend to have crushes on cartoon characters or other unattainable "men". If I get drunk enough to approach a man and he rejects me, I just throw up on him. No need to name-call. That's just not cool.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:33 PM

11,291 posts, read 14,783,805 times
Default I am proud to say

that I don't have to do this because i reject before i get rejected!! Then I won so there's nothing to get angry about!!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,057,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
that I don't have to do this because i reject before i get rejected!! Then I won so there's nothing to get angry about!!
Preemptive rejection. Excellent strategy, agreed!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM

11,291 posts, read 14,783,805 times
Default my mom

used to call my dad as having a "punitive character" where he would reject people before they had a chance to reject him because he had poor self esteem

but he at least had a wife who pointed that out to him--I don't have a wife!!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:11 PM

4,384 posts, read 1,828,183 times
It could be:

- their ego has been dented.
- they're insecure and they couldn't take another hit, since it further hampers their confidence.
- they're not nice/wholesome people, and enjoy insulting others.

if any situation, if one of these three reasons is the cause, it's their problem, not yours.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,620,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
You are correct. This is why I don't approach men. I tend to have crushes on cartoon characters or other unattainable "men". If I get drunk enough to approach a man and he rejects me, I just throw up on him. No need to name-call. That's just not cool.

How come it is always the sweethearts that have trouble approaching men? I wouldn't think you'd have much trouble in that department.

Actually I have a good theory on why this is...but it will get me in time out again. On the plus side, I am really used to time out. In 7th grade, at the end of the year, the ASST Principal pulled me aside and told me I had spent more time in Detention than in class. I LOL'd...and got detention again for doing it. Those poor teachers, I'm a jerk.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,277,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post

The short answer: Because they're jerks.

The long answer: Because no one ever taught them how to lose gracefully and learn from defeat. I feel bad for young women who have to deal with men who grew up during and after the politically correct esteem-building "we're all winners!" nonsense took over the educational system.

Nuh-uh. We're not all winners.* We don't always get what we want. Sometimes we fall down and go boom. That doesn't mean we get to lash out like two-year-olds.

No one ever taught them that, though, so between that and the awful Gen Y sense of entitlement fostered by helicopter parents whose little angels can do no wrong, you get churlish behavior when you respond with a polite rejection. (And before the crankypants curmudgeons chime in with "Women act like beyotches if you so much as look at them," yes, some women have no concept of how to let a guy down gently--Gen Y sheltering cuts both ways--but I'm taking the OP at her word when she says "polite.")

But really, it's just that they're jerks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships