Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Or is happy spending time at home with him, just watching TV, or playing cards, or--Heaven forbid--talking!
that's important too, but in the dating process, outings are common, no? so money might have to spent on that, doesn't mean outings can't be cheap though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I know that one girl I was "in a relationship" with would go out with me to different restaurants, a couple of times a week. We must have went to 15 different places, figure an average bill of $25 for two people, and that's over $400.

At that time in my life, I guess I wanted to be out in public with my piece of "arm candy" showing everyone what a great girl I had (she was 18). Now, at almost 40, that's really not important for me to do. I grew up a LOT...even though in some ways, I had to grow up faster than most of the people who relied on their parents for things growing up.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I know that one girl I was "in a relationship" with would go out with me to different restaurants, a couple of times a week. We must have went to 15 different places, figure an average bill of $25 for two people, and that's over $400.

At that time in my life, I guess I wanted to be out in public with my piece of "arm candy" showing everyone what a great girl I had (she was 18). Now, at almost 40, that's really not important for me to do. I grew up a LOT...even though in some ways, I had to grow up faster than most of the people who relied on their parents for things growing up.
dude, which planet are you living on? You can't go to a restaurant and eat for two for $25 unless you're going to the Panda Express. A meal at an average restaurant with drinks will run $50-60 at the very least.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:07 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
When I was younger and I was working jobs that paid around minimum wage or so I always thought about how much I spent on dating and I was always doing, for lack of a better description, a cost-benefit analysis. These days, I get paid better and I don't think about it at all. If I like the woman she doesn't have to pay a dime.

The answer to the question is I don't know.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
dude, which planet are you living on? You can't go to a restaurant and eat for two for $25 unless you're going to the Panda Express. A meal at an average restaurant with drinks will run $50-60 at the very least.
I've been to any number of restaurants--especially in the late nineties, but I know I can even find them today--where the entrees run 6.95 to 7.95 each. Throw in a couple of sodas, and you have dinner for two for $25 or so. I wasn't including the tip.

I'm talking Chili's, Olive Garden, Applebee's...

Old 05-01-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
that's important too, but in the dating process, outings are common, no? so money might have to spent on that, doesn't mean outings can't be cheap though.
I know that one time we went down the the river, and walked out on the pier and talked. We were far enough away that we could hear ourselves talk over the music they were playing--free jam at Gilchrist Park. But that was the one who--for one, worked, and for two, wanted a FWB arrangement. Weighed more heavily towards the benefits than the friends. For some guys, that's a dream come true, but for me, it lacked something.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
True. That's one reason I just don't like eating out much anymore. The other, of course, and the more important one (for me) is that the offerings are simply too large and too fattening for me. The great majority of our meals are prepared at home. My boyfriend prefers it, I prefer it, and my son prefers it as well. For a really special occasion though, we'll blow a wad on Ruth's Chris.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 AM

622 posts, read 1,664,739 times
Meh... we would go out riding and go to dinner, but we always split the bill back then. Aside from like, food and gas expenses (for the bikes) it really didnt cost us anything to date.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If you can't afford it, don't date. Just like I hate it when I'm at the bar with a friend, and he asks the price of specials. Bro, if you can't afford it don't drink it.

LOL Not that I have friends who do that but I can totally appreciate your comment for once
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships