Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times

Advertisements

I didn't know whether to put this here, or the sports forum.

Immediate Dealbreakers:
Dallas Cowboys
Detroit Red Wings
Los Angeles Lakers
San Antonio Spurs
Boston Red Sox
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Dallas Stars
New England Patriots
Bret Favre fans
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
University of Texas (any sport)
University of Florida (any sport)

Depends on how obnoxious:
New York Yankees
San Jose Sharks
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Cubs
Seattle Seahawks
Syracuse University (LAX and Hoops)
Duke University (hoops and LAX)
Ohio State University (football)
University of Notre Dame (any sport)
University of Miami, FL (football)
Boston University (hockey)
Boston College (hockey)
University of Arizona (any sport)
Chelsea FC (soccer)
University of Southern Cal (football)

Last edited by JSizzle225; 04-30-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Yes, I'm a big fan but as long as they aren't one of those fans who decorate the entire house with team memorabilia.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:18 PM

My mom said some surgeon, at work, was trying to hit on her...and she knew he was a Dallas Cowboy fan so she said YUCK. He got all offended, and she said she said that she's sorry, but she'd never date a Dallas fan.

I was so super proud to hear this.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,272 times
lol thats ridiculous ..my opinion ..whats dating gotta do with sports ..i mean in that case i'd always be neutral ..but ofcourse with respect to die hard sports fans ..its not just a game ..its a battle lol ..

Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
Good topic!

I always wonder too, if people who join online dating sites put their favorite teams on their profiles? How many men or women have passed up a good-looking person simply because the person's profile mentioned a favorite team that the other person didn't like?

Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
lol thats ridiculous ..my opinion ..whats dating gotta do with sports ..i mean in that case i'd always be neutral ..but ofcourse with respect to die hard sports fans ..its not just a game ..its a battle lol ..
Yes, I was going to say that non die hard sports fans aren't going to understand.

A couple of years ago, ESPN ran a commercial with a guy in a Michigan sweatshirt, kissing a woman in an Ohio State sweatshirt...it said, "Without sports, this wouldn't be wrong."

Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
I am a hardcore Yankees fan and would NEVER, EVER, EVER EEEEEVER!!! date a dead sux fan. Unless she has a big fat butt.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Not dating someone because of the sports teams they like is pretty much the stupidest thing ever.

"Sorry Halle Berry, but since you like the SF Giants I have no interest in dating you."
"Ewwww, sorry Adriana Lima, you're a fan of the Patriots so it just isnt going to work out between us."

I think this is more stupid than someone saying they wont date someone because of their race. I just dont get it. But then again, I am not the biggest sports fan in the world as I do not own or wear any team sports paraphanelia (jacket, hat, cap, shirt, etc) nor will I ever do so. I bleed Dodger Blue (been going to Dodger games since birth practically) and love the Lakers (but hate Kobe Bryant), but I will never refuse to date anyone just because of the team they support. That is just plain silly.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:32 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times
I am a Bears fan and I dated a girl who was a (Fudge) Packers fan. Long story short she ended up cheating on me, and in hind-sight I really should have seen it coming. Lesson learned, never again!

Old 04-30-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I am a hardcore Yankees fan and would NEVER, EVER, EVER EEEEEVER!!! date a dead sux fan. Unless she has a big fat butt.
My co worker married a Red Sux fan and it is constant whining.

"The Yankees are always on ESPN. The Yankees bought a World Series. The Yankees have the biggest payroll."

Be quiet woman. The Red Sux are on ESPN just as much. You have bought TWO World Series Rings. And you have the SECOND biggest payroll....it's not like you are the Pirates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships