U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-04-2010, 02:53 AM
 
2,496 posts, read 2,508,867 times
Reputation: 1804

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't consider being a gentleman to a lady, to be "special treatment". I consider it to be good manners. However, many men these days resent women so much that they see it not as manners, but as "bowing down" to the female gender. Either that, or they were raised in a barn by wolves.

Either way, there are enough gentlemen still out there, that I pay no mind to those who are not.

What does a gentleman mean to you

Meaning what traits does he posses?

 
Old 05-04-2010, 04:50 AM
 
766 posts, read 495,998 times
Reputation: 444
you cant punch but making em cry and and eat ice cream for the next few months is fine in my book
 
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Reputation: 10607
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Good for you. Now since you're so proficient at multitasking, you can read up on appropriate behavior in public and common decency and consideration for your fellow man.

Btw, I can multitask rings around most people (as an ED physician who often has over 30 patients at a time), but it's still freakin' irritating to have some idiot talking during a movie. If you want to talk, go outside.
Who said I gave a fig about my fellow man?
 
Old 05-04-2010, 05:08 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Reputation: 10607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm starting to get it now. Women need special treatment from men in how they're are treated by men. Men are naturally foolish tools and for us to avoid the psychotic consequences of being in the vicinity of men we need special treatment by men. That's right up there with the protector argument. Men need to protect women from men. You will protect me from you. Yes, it's all clear now. I've had to lose a few IQ points to have this realization, but hey...
I didn't say that.
 
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Reputation: 10607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Men and women are not "the same." Who said they were? Being "equal" is a matter of the law: being treated equally with respect to employment, housing, etc. It doesn't mean we are the same or that manners or social customs are rendered irrelevant.
Redisca seems to think gender is irrelevant, that men and women are basically the same. There are no physical differences, nor differences in brain structure. Women do not think differently than men...women are completely equivalent to men in all areas of standardized IQ tests--mathematical skill, verbal skills, spatial awareness. I happen to disagree--based on research on such things. Men are better at some things, in general, and women excel at other things, in general. I have never implied that one was "better" than the other in any way, only that they are skilled at different things, and those differences should be recognized.
 
Old 05-04-2010, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Texas
28,161 posts, read 24,220,084 times
Reputation: 33815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Who said I gave a fig about my fellow man?
If that's your attitude, then I suggest you stop wondering about people, why they are the way they are, how to treat them, problems you may have with them, etc, etc. Because who cares?
 
Old 05-04-2010, 06:18 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
21,310 posts, read 19,418,149 times
Reputation: 29981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Redisca seems to think gender is irrelevant, that men and women are basically the same. There are no physical differences, nor differences in brain structure. Women do not think differently than men...women are completely equivalent to men in all areas of standardized IQ tests--mathematical skill, verbal skills, spatial awareness. I happen to disagree--based on research on such things. Men are better at some things, in general, and women excel at other things, in general. I have never implied that one was "better" than the other in any way, only that they are skilled at different things, and those differences should be recognized.
None of that has to do with equality under the law.
 
Old 05-04-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Reputation: 10607
And equality under the law isn't at issue. It is the difference in the way the two genders are treated. NOT under the law, but in life.
 
Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 27,239,726 times
Reputation: 10607
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If that's your attitude, then I suggest you stop wondering about people, why they are the way they are, how to treat them, problems you may have with them, etc, etc. Because who cares?
I don't worry about it. Consider me Alfred E. Neumann.
 
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Texas
28,161 posts, read 24,220,084 times
Reputation: 33815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't worry about it. Consider me Alfred E. Neumann.
Can't believe I'm feeding the troll, but you started this thread. When you supposedly don't care. That's all I'm sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top