U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM

1,212 posts, read 1,188,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
And apparently a brain isn't needed to start an account here as evidenced by some of the posters across the board.
Seriously. I wish there was a way your IQ level could be revealed beside your screen name that way it'll be easier to know who you should ignore.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 PM

5,891 posts, read 4,491,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Seriously. I wish there was a way your IQ level could be revealed beside your screen name that way it'll be easier to know who you should ignore.
Oh, it depends on what you want to talk about I guess? I keep my rude comments to myself when some RUGGED impostor tries to elaborate! If you want to talk cars/mechanics, guns, reloading, tactics/training, knives, fishing, camping, hiking, guitars, musics, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, tool & die/machining, woods/carpentry and handyman stuff I am your man. If not, get off my lawn!!!LMAO.........

Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rugged4you View Post
oh, it depends on what you want to talk about i guess? I keep my rude comments to myself when some rugged impostor tries to elaborate! If you want to talk cars/mechanics, guns, reloading, tactics/training, knives, fishing, camping, hiking, guitars, musics, hvac, plumbing, electrical, tool & die/machining, woods/carpentry and handyman stuff i am your man. If not, get off my lawn!!!lmao.........:d
LoL!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 PM

897 posts, read 848,612 times
I always found it hard to approach a Woman who was really beautiful. I a lot a the time,thought that I didn't stand a chance with them.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
LoL!
That always worked for getting the creeps away from sis!LOL.......

Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
I always found it hard to approach a Woman who was really beautiful. I a lot a the time,thought that I didn't stand a chance with them.
Do not think this way! You'd be surprised at how a woman sees you as most people men and women are usually their own worse critique. If you are at least average in looks, you still stand a chance with any woman but it's all about how you present yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, why should she?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM

Maybe they don't have the right song in their head at the time? Listen to this guys and repeat everything you hear! With any luck it will work!LMAO......

YouTube - The Doors Hello, I Love You

Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM

283 posts, read 264,602 times
Quote:
10 Reasons Guys Aren't Approaching You - Love + Sex on Shine

Here are a few things women do, that prevent guys from approaching them:

1. You're Surrounded by Lots (I mean LOTS) of Friends

2. You're Too Hot

3. Getting Too Tipsy

4. Looking Sloppy

5. Downer Demeanor

6. You're With Another Guy In Any Capacity

7. You have a Ring

8. You seem Busy

9. You're Literally Tough To Catch

10. You're a Wall Flower
How to debunk those tactics

1. Divide and conquer (adapt to the situation)

2. She is human, she farts, she eats, she sleeps...approach her with that in mind. (be casual)

3. Attack now!

4. Not worth the effort

5. Push the mute Button and the Button ignore.

6. If you can beat the guy she is with go for it. If not Next!!

7. It's only for looks go talk to her now!

8. If she give you clues that she wants to be approached go for it

9. for Experts only

10. She isn't a grizzly bear your not gonna die if you go talk to her. She is just shy or tired.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 AM

2,300 posts, read 1,584,862 times
Maybe someone already mentioned this but:

#11 - Lack of anything but the most fleeting eye contact.

In public places, I'll often look around (I'm male), usually other males will meet my "basic" eye contact like they would be open to chat (and we often do). Meanwhile the females rarely dare look! Like they think any look or small talk is just sooo loaded with sexual/dating intention that they would die if that cute guy talked to them.

My qualifier is this is what I see constantly in the Wash DC area. NYC and unjaded country gals would be more "couragious."

Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,759,256 times
Quote:
1. You're Surrounded by Lots (I mean LOTS) of Friends
8. You seem Busy
9. You're Literally Tough To Catch
These I agree with, because they make it really difficult to start a conversation with people. Plus, if people look busy, I give them the common courtesy not to bother them. The first one, I might approach the group as a whole and try to join the conversation, but only if they looked like a group who was open to strangers joining them.
Quote:
2. You're Too Hot
This in itself wouldn't stop me. However, if a person is hot and also very shy, whether it's intentional or not they might appear kind of stuck up and not that interesting.
Quote:
3. Getting Too Tipsy
4. Looking Sloppy
5. Downer Demeanor
7. You have a Ring
I'm not interested in drunk people, sloppy people, negative people, or married people. So these are valid.
Quote:
6. You're With Another Guy In Any Capacity
This would only stop me if you and the guy were seemed to be together. Otherwise I'd probably try to talk to both of you.
Quote:
10. You're a Wall Flower
I don't mind wallflowers and I'd approach one. However if she doesn't hold up her end of the conversation it's not going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships