U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2010, 02:26 PM

20 posts, read 41,055 times
This seems accurate to me. I know that I get approached more often when I am in a good mood and feeling friendly than when I'm feeling down.

The other night I went out to celebrate with some co-workers after we received some great job related news. I didn't even have time to change or shower before heading out, so I was in frumpy old work clothes with my hair pulled back. It was pleasantly surprised when a cute guy came up to me to talk, I think it was because even though I looked disheveled, I was relaxed and happy.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:36 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The fact that there are women out there that complain that the guy they're with doesn't work, hasn't worked, won't get a job....but they are the ones that went out with him in the first place, that decided that he merits a relationship simply because he came out and asked.

Instead of taking the time to do a little research first.
What makes me laugh is the women i know who are always complaining about the types of men who approach them but they will never approach a guy.

Hilarious.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:40 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
*Yawn* I keep repeating myself. I've approached many women in the past, some success, some failure. In fact, I'm pretty sure my track record is better than the average guy. I am good looking, and I have enough confidence and charisma to put myself out there and do my thing. But I do not want to. Just because a man does not want to do X thing does not make him "insecure" or "fear rejection". I'm too good to randomly approach women. I've got a lot of confidence and I've got a big ego.

Case in point, how I met one of my ex-girlfriends whom I was with for a year and a half: Caught the train back from London, ended up sitting next to this girl, she was reading the sports pages of one of the papers. I asked her if she knew the latest scores. She checked it on her phone and told me. She asked me what team I support, I told her about it - we started talking about other subjects. The conversation was flowing nicely. When we got off, I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime and maybe catch a game. She said yeah, and we exchanged numbers. We started hanging out just as friends, and we start liking each other more than friends and we started seeing each other more & more often - we eventually became a couple.

I've met many quality women in my life. And I didn't meet them by going up to them in the street/bar/pub/cafe with a sleazy chat up line and fake insincere compliment.

If you wanna go out and approach/chase women, then by all means do so. But I do things my way. If things my way wasn't working, then I'd perhaps do what you lot do, chatting up women, licking their backside, telling them they are beautiful like the other 345 losers before you told her. I'm not above you or better than you - I just do things differently. And I've had enough success with women to stick with my methods and ways.
Real talk.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 AM

27,238 posts, read 26,298,625 times
Regarding the list: If you're hanging out with a bunch of other women, it makes it harder to go after one of them when you reject the guy who initially selects you. Because it makes them feel like they're "second best".

I wouldn't like to give that impression--that anyone is second best to someone else.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 AM

1,325 posts, read 1,147,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Regarding the list: If you're hanging out with a bunch of other women, it makes it harder to go after one of them when you reject the guy who initially selects you. Because it makes them feel like they're "second best".

I wouldn't like to give that impression--that anyone is second best to someone else.
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but women of beauty rarely found alone. Usually there is a friend nearby that you need to win over first. Gotta appease the nottie before you can get the hottie. Nottie being possibly the fat friend, guy friend, gay friend, etc.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 PM

283 posts, read 264,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
*Yawn* I keep repeating myself. I've approached many women in the past, some success, some failure. In fact, I'm pretty sure my track record is better than the average guy. I am good looking, and I have enough confidence and charisma to put myself out there and do my thing. But I do not want to. Just because a man does not want to do X thing does not make him "insecure" or "fear rejection". I'm too good to randomly approach women. I've got a lot of confidence and I've got a big ego.

Case in point, how I met one of my ex-girlfriends whom I was with for a year and a half: Caught the train back from London, ended up sitting next to this girl, she was reading the sports pages of one of the papers. I asked her if she knew the latest scores. She checked it on her phone and told me. She asked me what team I support, I told her about it - we started talking about other subjects. The conversation was flowing nicely. When we got off, I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime and maybe catch a game. She said yeah, and we exchanged numbers. We started hanging out just as friends, and we start liking each other more than friends and we started seeing each other more & more often - we eventually became a couple.

I've met many quality women in my life. And I didn't meet them by going up to them in the street/bar/pub/cafe with a sleazy chat up line and fake insincere compliment.

If you wanna go out and approach/chase women, then by all means do so. But I do things my way. If things my way wasn't working, then I'd perhaps do what you lot do, chatting up women, licking their backside, telling them they are beautiful like the other 345 losers before you told her. I'm not above you or better than you - I just do things differently. And I've had enough success with women to stick with my methods and ways.
Robert Frost (18741963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

1. The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

We can agree on this

Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 AM

3 posts, read 2,475 times
The problem here is that many men including Dorrans look at women as 'equals'; and that is the basis of the argument that 'approaching women (regardless of whether she I find her attractive, and she even gives signals that she wants me to approach her) is beneath me and a blow to my pride'. The idea that he would do 80% of the work for a relationship that would materialize as equal is certainly unnerving. Women, in my experience looking at this issue across the net and in my social life, don't often consider this point. Shysister for instance kept harping on the 'irrationality' of men not approaching women when the woman is attractive to him and has also given him clear signs of acceptance. Women don't often consider that men would look at this action as a sort of submission; the idea that one partner is taking initiative to do the bulk of the work makes no sense in an equal relationship.

..The way men get over this however is to realize what women already have conceded: that is that women and men are not equal. Men should take the initiative in dating because the incentive is that men are then given the power of choice. 'If a woman likes me she should grow some balls and approach me instead..' - forget all that childish bs. Let women take the easy road if they are inclined- where their only choice is to choose which leader to follow. Men should take control of their own future and create their own choices. ..Especially if women are making it easy for men to be the choosers and the leaders.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:53 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,290,792 times
#1 and #2 are the big ones

Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 AM

27,238 posts, read 26,298,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtight View Post
The problem here is that many men including Dorrans look at women as 'equals'; and that is the basis of the argument that 'approaching women (regardless of whether she I find her attractive, and she even gives signals that she wants me to approach her) is beneath me and a blow to my pride'. The idea that he would do 80% of the work for a relationship that would materialize as equal is certainly unnerving. Women, in my experience looking at this issue across the net and in my social life, don't often consider this point. Shysister for instance kept harping on the 'irrationality' of men not approaching women when the woman is attractive to him and has also given him clear signs of acceptance. Women don't often consider that men would look at this action as a sort of submission; the idea that one partner is taking initiative to do the bulk of the work makes no sense in an equal relationship.

..The way men get over this however is to realize what women already have conceded: that is that women and men are not equal. Men should take the initiative in dating because the incentive is that men are then given the power of choice. 'If a woman likes me she should grow some balls and approach me instead..' - forget all that childish bs. Let women take the easy road if they are inclined- where their only choice is to choose which leader to follow. Men should take control of their own future and create their own choices. ..Especially if women are making it easy for men to be the choosers and the leaders.
I really don't need that much control. In fact, I let the women make most of the decisions. "Whatever you decide is fine..." or "The budget is your responsibility, leave me out of it."

Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,026 times
Isn't Max's Mama afraid that her husband ( the one with the balls) will be picking up his next babe the same way ( since he grew a pair")?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships