U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 AM
 
221 posts, read 168,221 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I think a lot of men get rejected is because this:
If you know you are a 5 in looks,why are you trying to date a 10?
Go for the average woman and the rejection would be less.

Yeah, it actually doesn't work that way. The average girls are the worst.

 
Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 AM
 
39 posts, read 20,395 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I think a lot of men get rejected is because this:
If you know you are a 5 in looks,why are you trying to date a 10?
Go for the average woman and the rejection would be less.
Whose to say whether you're a 5 or a 10. Everyone should consider themselves to be 10.

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 AM
 
2,671 posts, read 5,600,071 times
Reputation: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't know what the heck you look like, but my money is on the former: probably just old and ugly now. There's no hope.
Nope there is no hope, lol. Maybe my ex-wife was right, 30's is not the age to be single. That's basically the underlying theme of the movie "Hall Pass", that men become less attractive in their 30's, so the single life is not the same as it was when they were younger. That is why their wives were comfortable with letting their husbands experience the reality of being single at their age.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 05:27 AM
 
Location: The Present
1,996 posts, read 2,029,770 times
Reputation: 1855
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Nope there is no hope, lol. Maybe my ex-wife was right, 30's is not the age to be single. That's basically the underlying theme of the movie "Hall Pass", that men become less attractive in their 30's, so the single life is not the same as it was when they were younger. That is why their wives were comfortable with letting their husbands experience the reality of being single at their age.
No

Thats just another Hollywood movie attempting to make men look like they're clueless, while I agree it is funny there's a dubious message hidden in there which is telling men (and women) that you have to settle by your thirties even if the situation is less than ideal.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM
 
Location: ON, Canada
4,875 posts, read 2,365,315 times
Reputation: 8238
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
No

Thats just another Hollywood movie attempting to make men look like they're clueless, while I agree it is funny there's a dubious message hidden in there which is telling men (and women) that you have to settle by your thirties even if the situation is less than ideal.
I didn't take that message away. The message I got was that when you're 40, you're not 20 anymore, life IS different, different responsibilities, job, spouses, children, which is typically what happens at that age. 40 trying to be 20 again doesn't work. While life is sometimes not as exciting as you remember it to be in your 20s, you need to find ways to make the most of whatever stage you're at, not just reminiscing about days gone by.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 08:28 AM
 
1,557 posts, read 2,550,942 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I didn't take that message away. The message I got was that when you're 40, you're not 20 anymore, life IS different, different responsibilities, job, spouses, children, which is typically what happens at that age. 40 trying to be 20 again doesn't work. While life is sometimes not as exciting as you remember it to be in your 20s, you need to find ways to make the most of whatever stage you're at, not just reminiscing about days gone by.
I disagree. I thought the message was terrible. It reinforced the idea that men in their mid 30s have nothing better coming at them, so they might as well get going on making that lemonade. The whole premise is garbage to begin with. The suggestion men in their 30s are socially awkward by default and unable to garner casual sexual attention is so off the mark it's not even funny. The movie industry recognizes the large female demographic that is in attendance at the theaters, and they need a message that resonates with their social conditioning. Ergo, a hall pass movie that would have reinforced a message of of say, the man shows the woman how fun recreational sex can be in a marriage and she becomes accepting of a less household-centric feet dragging life, would have been received by that female demographic as deplorable and received a lot of negative feedback, making it less profitable.

The message of the beat down man that doesn't know any better and needs a woman (even a cheating woman in the case of one of the couples) to show him the errors of his ways, is much more pleasant to the female crowd. It is still a garbage message.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Eternal State of Confusion
7,270 posts, read 8,323,532 times
Reputation: 9394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
I disagree. I thought the message was terrible. It reinforced the idea that men in their mid 30s have nothing better coming at them, so they might as well get going on making that lemonade. The whole premise is garbage to begin with. The suggestion men in their 30s are socially awkward by default and unable to garner casual sexual attention is so off the mark it's not even funny. The movie industry recognizes the large female demographic that is in attendance at the theaters, and they need a message that resonates with their social conditioning. Ergo, a hall pass movie that would have reinforced a message of of say, the man shows the woman how fun recreational sex can be in a marriage and she becomes accepting of a less household-centric feet dragging life, would have been received by that female demographic as deplorable and received a lot of negative feedback, making it less profitable.

The message of the beat down man that doesn't know any better and needs a woman (even a cheating woman in the case of one of the couples) to show him the errors of his ways, is much more pleasant to the female crowd. It is still a garbage message.

The irony is that it was written by a bunch of men.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 AM
 
1,557 posts, read 2,550,942 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The irony is that it was written by a bunch of men.
It's not ironic at all when you really think about it. Divorce laws were written by a bunch of men too. It's not one bit ironic. Men at those levels are entities of a bigger economic desire, than they are individual men. It's about money, not gender, up at these levels of the game.
 
Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Eternal State of Confusion
7,270 posts, read 8,323,532 times
Reputation: 9394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
It's not ironic at all when you really think about it. Divorce laws were written by a bunch of men too. It's not one bit ironic. Men at those levels are entities of a bigger economic desire, than they are individual men. It's about money, not gender, up at these levels of the game.

somebody took one too many bitter pills today, huh?
 
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
 
1,340 posts, read 836,694 times
Reputation: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
10 Reasons Guys Aren't Approaching You - Love + Sex on Shine

Here are a few things women do, that prevent guys from approaching them:

1. You're Surrounded by Lots (I mean LOTS) of Friends

2. You're Too Hot

3. Getting Too Tipsy

4. Looking Sloppy

5. Downer Demeanor

6. You're With Another Guy In Any Capacity

7. You have a Ring

8. You seem Busy

9. You're Literally Tough To Catch

10. You're a Wall Flower
These reasons never stop the ugly creepers way beneath my league - especially the reasons in red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top