Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
This is all to do about nothing. Cold turkey approaches are statistically seldom succesful in yielding a sustainable relationship. It's literally the least effective and most high visibility way of approaching someone sexually. It's gaining nothing while losing the most (ego-wise). It's sophomoric to be frank.

Mainstream 3 fellas... WORK, SCHOOL, SOCIAL CIRCLE (MUTUAL). That's it. The rest (bars, online, interest clubs) is concessionary chaff. Good for the one in one distant moon, but not the majority. Work smarter, not harder.
I agree 100%.

It really is about relationaships. You have to give her a reason to move forward with you. Cold approaching does not establish anything.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times
Has Balls been mentioned yet?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and why is testosterone, balls, an excuse for taking charge and initiative?
And you're asking this because you have none?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:18 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,044,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
When you guys talk about rejection, are you talking about a public "Ew, get away from me, you creep!" or are you including the polite "That's sweet, but I'm not interested," as well? I wouldn't consider example 2 to be rejection, per se. I consider rejection as containing an element of hostility.
I would consider them both rejections, just one is worse than the other. I can't stand hostile rejections, I feel that it is unnecessary. Some places I've traveled to are worse than others due to the different cultures, generally speaking, but it is more common. I think the two worst cities I've been to as far as being most likely to get rejected in a brutal way are London and Los Angeles. Something about those two cities that seem to have a lot of women that think they are too good for most men and have a right to be rude to them, and they act like it is a crime for men to approach them unless they look like Brad Pitt, David Beckham, or Prince William.

I also don't care for the passive-aggressive form of rejection of pretending they don't see or hear the guy approaching them.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM

232 posts, read 632,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
10 Reasons Guys Aren't Approaching You - Love + Sex on Shine

Here are a few things women do, that prevent guys from approaching them:

6. You're With Another Guy In Any Capacity

Besides giving respect to not approaching women already with another guy, I go stone cold for attraction with any women that uses another guy to elicit a response from me. I understand they have other options and all it is is trying to tell me to step up my game, but it completely turns me off. I already moved on.

Using jelousy to try to get a guy to make a move is just wrong. As far as I am concerned, you're going for the other guy for real and I have other options too.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
Besides giving respect to not approaching women already with another guy, I go stone cold for attraction with any women that uses another guy to elicit a response from me. I understand they have other options and all it is is trying to tell me to step up my game, but it completely turns me off. I already moved on.

Using jelousy to try to get a guy to make a move is just wrong. As far as I am concerned, you're going for the other guy for real and I have other options too.

Exactly. That works with women, not men.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:57 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Because it can be humilliating..

I dont know what's worse in a public setting the how dare you even enter my airpsace rejection they give you right away or when you have a few minute conversation think you might be getting somwhere and she makes eye contact with her friend to come and save her from this annoying ugly guy hitting on her..

Then even though you have no intentions of talking to her again they try to avoid you the rest of the night so she doesnt have to talk to you again..

Im done getting my ego trampled

Old 10-28-2011, 01:20 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
And you're asking this because you have none?
seriously, where is the logical argument, debate that guys have to be the ones to always take charge and take control, lead, and that having balls is the reason why, why is balls the reason that guys have to initiate? does it say in the Bible? did God say so or what? nobody really every explains why

Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
seriously, where is the logical argument, debate that guys have to be the ones to always take charge and take control, lead, and that having balls is the reason why, why is balls the reason that guys have to initiate? does it say in the Bible? did God say so or what? nobody really every explains why
...because, umh, that is a "man's job"?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:34 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
...because, umh, that is a "man's job"?
thats not a reason, nobody explains as to why it is the man's job, they just say "thats how it is", thats not an explanation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships