Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:29 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,658 times

Advertisements

a lot of times on my days off when i wake up and leave the room i dont take my phone with me...so i end up leaving it in my room for most of the day. maybe they just let their phone in the other room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
I hate phones .. communication point of view its good ..but i hate phones .. i mean imagine holding an instrument in your hand and yapping all the time .. i've had friends who're not glued to it ..they just talk talk and talk .. stop it already man ..geez lol .. especially while talking to their girl friends ..yes dear..okay dear ..no problem darling ..oh sure sweet heart ..yeah babes ..aww my shweet charlotte .. okay okay enough lol ..imagine yourself looking at their face .. in between they'll say excuse me ..walk a quarter mile to have a private convo .. return back and ask okay so whatchya talkin' 'bout Willis ? .. grrrrrrrrr
No, it could be worse. They could have Bluetooth and an earbud. You're talking with someone and all of a sudden they're ignoring you because they're taking a call. They're still talking audibly in front of you--but not TO you.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
This happened to me the other day, too. I was with a male friend just chatting. We had gone power walking at the trails near my house. Suddenly his phone rings and its his girlfriend. He says, "give me a few minutes" and proceeds to talk on and on and even stays behind so he can speak privately to her. What the heck? Is there a reason he can't talk to his girlfriend in front of me? Was it really necessary to stay behind and ignore me while in the middle of nowhere with no one else to talk to? I recognized his rude behavior and chose to not go on the trails with him anymore. We were supposed to meet today, but I paid him in kind and didn't show up.(TVSG's got nothing on me! lol)

Old 05-02-2010, 04:31 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
I remember the days when people had rotary dial phones. We actualy TALKED to people then. Instant response.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
We were supposed to meet today, but I paid him in kind and didn't show up.(TVSG's got nothing on me! lol)

You could have called him instead of showing up for the walk. That way he could talk to you on his walk and then when his gf calls he could talk to her. Actually being there talking and walking with him at the same time is so 1990.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:28 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I remember the days when people had rotary dial phones. We actualy TALKED to people then. Instant response.

We also had to stay off the phone, because our parents were expecting a call.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:12 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
I remember the days of party lines, when you could pick up the phone and hear your neighbors conversations and you couldn't call anyone until they hung up...I think we had like 3 neighbors on our party line. Boy, am I dating myself or what!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Rant...People who, if they want to communicate with someone, refuse to pick up the phone to make a f**king call instead of being socially stunted and hiding behind a gizmo-delivered 160 character message.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I remember the days of party lines, when you could pick up the phone and hear your neighbors conversations and you couldn't call anyone until they hung up...I think we had like 3 neighbors on our party line. Boy, am I dating myself or what!
If it makes you feel any less alone...I remember that too! Dialing only 5 digits. On a rotary phone. Times sure have changed!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
That's all. Just a rant for friends, dates, or whoever who take a day to reply to a text, when it only takes 30 seconds. Then when you are hanging out with them they are checking their I Phones every 3 minutes and texting/emailing other people in front of you. I just realized I am too busy to text these people back now. Maybe I'll find some time when I'm on the toilet.
Hey Felix, how old are you? The same people not texting you in less than 2 seconds. Then, ignore their text. If, they say something, then mention.

Get a life, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships