Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,297 times

Advertisements

Yes, but you can do it two weeks, etc later if you are busy: Often, it is the thought that counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
I totally understand.
I use to get mad at people who would ignore me through text or email, and it's obvious u are not important to them sometimes. Maybe they are busy, but i'm not buying that one, cuz it doesn't take much to respond back to someone. It is being rude, to me it's just like asking someone a question while your out somewhere and they just look at u and keep walking, that is very rude. lol What's also funny, is that these same people don't like you doing this to them, and thats the funny part as well. tee hee lol

Yup! It's always like that. I try to match the communication style of the person I'm interacting with but I've been burned when I take the same time they do to respond. I get a barrage of questions and attitude. I think poeple like that are self serving and to them you only exist to fill their needs.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Why would you sweat not getting a text back right away from someone who you don't want to have an actual conversation with?

I think you're feeling slighted because in your world, texting is a sign of acceptance and approval by the peers you've chosen to surround yourself with. Not getting a text reply right away is the equivalent of being chosen last when picking teammates for a sporting event. I would bet you don't always respond to the people who you feel aren't worth replying to right away. It's the environment you chose and you yourself perpetuate this very same behavior. Besides, why would you want to hang out with someone who is going to spend your time together texting other people the entire time? That's really rude and annoying.

It's like OCD when it comes to texting with some people. If they don't get a reply in 30 seconds they feel slighted.
Some people I know text and some don't. I actually prefer calling, because texting is sometime laziness and impersonal. But yeah, I suppose if someone will text a lot in front of you during dinner, then take a day on average to text you back, that is like being picked last. The only difference is I am not playing that game anymore. That is why this is a rant and not a question thread.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:17 PM

96 posts, read 264,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
That's all. Just a rant for friends, dates, or whoever who take a day to reply to a text, when it only takes 30 seconds. Then when you are hanging out with them they are checking their I Phones every 3 minutes and texting/emailing other people in front of you. I just realized I am too busy to text these people back now. Maybe I'll find some time when I'm on the toilet.

screw the text; USE THE PHONE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships