Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM

47 posts, read 39,222 times

Advertisements

I believe a tattoo is a personal choice. If someone had told me 2yrs ago that I would have tattoos, I'd have laughed in their face. Yet, I have 2. One is on my right shoulder and the other is on my left arm. Both have significant meanings to me. The way I see it, is that I put them there for me and not to please anyone else. If you don't like them, don't look. I don't like the so called "tramp stamp" for myself, but to each their own. I like to check out others tats and find out their meanings.........you just never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 02:13 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,458,760 times
they probably mean excessive amount of tattoos

Old 06-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,644 times
You know what really sucks, is to have a type of tattoo that you got just because you liked it, years & years ago...only to have the style turned into a tramp stamp. *sigh*

I have a tat on my lower back (really, it's low enough it could be considered "upper butt"), but it's not the typical butterfly or tribal thing. I won't say what it is, just because I don't ever want to see anyone else with one! I hate doing things that are unique when I do them only to watch them become trendy later... I so don't represent the "tramp stamp" demographic! LoL

hehe...I love that phrase, tho! "tramp stamp"...hehehe

For the record, I love tattoos as a personal artistic expression. I would love to have more, but alas, they are soooo expensive...

Old 06-13-2007, 03:33 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
So you invented the tramp stamp? Wow...a celebrity everyone!

And for the record...I don't really care for the term tramp stamp. I think they look sexy and have never seen any two alike.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So you invented the tramp stamp? Wow...a celebrity everyone!
ROFL! Do I get any royalties for that?

Quote:
And for the record...I don't really care for the term tramp stamp. I think they look sexy and have never seen any two alike.
Um, so do you see a lot of tramp stamps?? hehe

I think they look nice on girls who aren't, well, tramps. I've just seen way too many girls that live up to the term...i.e. the "stamp" isn't all that's hanging out of their "outfits"....

Old 06-13-2007, 04:10 PM

965 posts, read 4,498,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
they probably mean excessive amount of tattoos
Your post got me to thinking ... well why don't they just request no excessive tattoos?... And then it occurred to me that maybe it's the way match.com had their questionnaire set up. It has been a few years since I have used match.com, but your comment jogged my memory, and now I think you only had the option to choose "body art ok" or "no body art" at that time.

So maybe that is it, as the men who have responded so far don't seem to categorize a female as undesirable if she has a tattoo.

Thanks.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:14 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Quote:
Um, so do you see a lot of tramp stamps?? hehe
Well it seems alot of ladies wear those short shirts or low cut jeans, and the damn things are just right there for anyone to see. But I think the smaller ones look neat and sexy. It's gotta hurt tho.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Well it seems alot of ladies wear those short shirts or low cut jeans, and the damn things are just right there for anyone to see. But I think the smaller ones look neat and sexy.
Agreed. Mine only shows when I specifically want to show someone...or if I sit wearing pants that are too big... Only my ankle tat is on intentional display...

Quote:
It's gotta hurt tho.
Kinda, but only over the middle part of the spine. Honestly, the ankle one hurt WAY more...could be because it's WAY bigger...but now we're getting into details... LoL I think the bigger, all-black tribal things could be pretty painful, tho.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:34 PM

786 posts, read 4,731,745 times
Default They are to permanent

I think it shows a lack of maturity. Why would anyone want to do something that will show on their body for the REST OF THEIR LIVES? They will fade and look ugly when they reach 50 and the person will say how can I be so stupid.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:14 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
I see nothing wrong with tattoos, so as long they don't cover their entire body with them.

But you know what I find real funny?

It's when a girl has a tattoo on the small of her back and wears a mini skirt or low cut jeans with a top that exposes the tattoo... when I, ahem... ADMIRE... her artwork on her back, she starts complaining about how I'm like all the men who undress with their eyes.

I say, "you're damn right, I'm undressing you with my eyes. I'm a highly sexual red blooded male and you have an attention getting tattoo on your back."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships