U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:10 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,510,742 times

Advertisements

It seems she is not the girl for you. My DH and I have been married for 22 years and he has his garage to tinker around in, I have my gardening and furniture restoration, scrapbooking, etc. to tend to (oh and the kids tee hee) But when we were young and dating we were hot and heavy and constantly together. Things changed when we got married. I was staying home and he was working and going to school. I quickly began to develop my hobbies. Things have evolved to the point that we respect each others alone time and treasure our together time. But in the beginning, yeah, neither one of us wanted to be apart for very long. If you don't feel that spark with this girl, then she ain't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Nice guy and girl in love? Maybe you all, my question to you all was for whatever situation you are in.

Me, I am not in love. I told her what the siutation was, she chose to develop in her mind something else, to the point of yes, being border line psycho.
Your communication in your OP says "It isn't that I don't love you". Sounds slippery ,like you go back and forth. I think it's your communication mistakes that are causing the issues between you. Most of what you've said hasn't added up for the responders to this thread. Do you think they are all borderline psycho too? I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to betamanlet with all this selective hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

ok . So how many of you can/would deal with this as in often being put on the back burner by your special other because he/she has something else to their attention? It isn't that I don't love you, it is just there is something in my life I love besides you, get it?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM

10,136 posts, read 13,292,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Your communication in your OP says "It isn't that I don't love you". Sounds slippery ,like you go back and forth. I think it's your communication mistakes that are causing the issues between you. Most of what you've said hasn't added up for the responders to this thread. Do you think they are all borderline psycho too? I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to betamanlet with all this selective hearing.
......my gawd

Let me try and get you straight because you try to analyze my ever piece.

"It isn't that I don't love you, it is just that I love something else also" refers to the possibility of others being it that situation or the possibility of I being in that situation if I were in a commited relationship.

Currently however I am not in love, haven't been for a long time. While I don't say "I don't love you" to any current or recent past woman unless pushed against a wall, I make it clear that I like her, think of her, but I am not looking to exchange vows.

No I don't think others posting are psycho, although I may flirt on the fringe of what is normal sometimes , but I have had past FWB who didn't call me to say "I thought we....." and just get angry and nasty on the phone with me. I have known her a F'n month and get that on the phone?...I can just imagine living with her, so yeah, psycho.

As far as I using her body as you put it in another thread? I lusted, I indulged, so did she. Just because I realized her temperament and BS isn't worth continuing to "hit that", doesn't mean I won't think of wanting to....again. A lot of guys name Salma Hayek as "perfect". A lot of girls list Brad Pitt. Tell me if you were having sex with them but they irritated you otherwise you might put up with it a little longer just because but after a while realize, "you know what as good and hot as it is", all the other BS isn't worth it?

A user is someone who lies and manipulates, I didn't. I was up front about what is and she arranged in her mind not to listen. I have come to sense she is the kind that holds a grudge, the kind that keys your car, the kind that is moody, the kind that would smash a guitar (seen that happen to friends). And I am from that despite the instant hard on I get thinking of her otherwise.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:32 PM

10,136 posts, read 13,292,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post

And she put her money where her heart and her mouth is---quite literally: thanks to her, I'm now the proud owner and player of a spanking looking and sounding Gibson Les Paul! She also came out to hear me jam the blues at a club in town last week and last night.

That is just awesome man, congrats on both accounts of having a beautiful woman and beautiful LP.

I have always been a Fender strat lover, fat strat . But I yearned for a LP for many moon until a couple years ago I got into a situation where I could finally get one. I wanted a black custom and found one in Texas that called to me on a road trip I did.

Here it is , and a appropriate song regarding my recent chick I was jamming along to a year and some ago. Crazy b*i*t*c** by Buck Cherry. I had just leaned the song, made some mistakes, the wah pedal I used was a Digitech that after listening back realized it had too much sweep so it sounds off on the song. I went back to the tried and true Cry baby afterward and it sounds better when playing that song now.

I am not a blues player like you, but even rock is based largely on blues, so there is a lot of blues riffs and licks that I play, the solo I did on the vid was off the top of my head instead of doing it note for note which I just did penatonic soloing. Not very flashy or fast, but appropriate for the song, which the guitar player in that band did basically the similar thing.

I am getting ready to make more vids, but this time try and be more perfect without any mistakes. Because I want to use the to help when I start looking for a band. But I love my blackie LP besides my strats.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 AM

28,115 posts, read 24,101,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
Curious. Why does "work" get an exception?

That is an interesting question, as 'work' usually gets a pass from everyone. In fact, doing what I do (and working the hours I did and sometimes still do), I expected people to be very understanding of that.

But I do remember my ex always staying late at work (only about an hour or so) and it bugged the living crap out of me. When I asked her why, it was always some overblown sense of responsibility (though at one point, she was doing it because her boss had cancer treatment - that I did not complain about). But it cheezed me off because I felt like if I were at home and she had a choice, she should be spending time with me (this was during a 7 year period when I would work 80 to 120 hours a week).

I guess work gets a pass because you are doing something productive and supporting your life and lifestyle. You don't really always have a choice how much you have to work.

But I think it's an interesting question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships