U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:04 PM

7 posts, read 1,388 times
Default Would you date me if...

1st time posting a thread curious about the result.(have fun replying and posting)

Would I be date material if I told you that:

I have a Masters in psychology and minor in Political Science,i'm Hispanic,
I have a College degree in Language : speaks and writes Spanish, French, English and Italian. I know how to cook, I know how to dance (Salsa-Merengue-Bachata), i'm about 5'9, i'm a Family person with few friends (quality over quantity), Owns my house and my car.

for personality I'm a Gentlemen who loves women speaking their mind and trying new things. I'm still Single

what is your awnser and your traits. Have fun!!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM

3,489 posts, read 4,307,882 times
At first I thought you were a woman, because men do not usually ask a question like this.
What you are describing are assets that alot of women would desire. Whats the problem?
Do you have 4 arms?

Old 05-06-2010, 05:16 PM

24,428 posts, read 13,858,604 times
No, because you gave me your resume first then told me little about YOU

Old 05-06-2010, 05:17 PM

2,413 posts, read 4,508,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Well said.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:21 PM

4,384 posts, read 1,844,254 times
to me, dating is simply about matches. matches in interests, personality, outlook, looks (or at least matches in preferences for looks). There really is no such thing as undateabilty. even this guy got married - Manuel Uribe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You (,i.e. the OP) seem highly educated, so somebody similar would be key, perhaps, for you.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:31 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,259,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

On first dates people know they're attracted to one another (hence that first date even occurring) and unless they've already gotten to know each other via some other venue then it's almost always based on mutual (or prospective) physical attraction, and THEN the first date always deals with questions like:

- So, what do you do?
- Did/Where did you go to school? What did you study?
- What do you do with your spare time?
- What are your interests?

IF the first date (and the answers to those kinds of questions) go well, then there's the possibility of a second date, typically.

Ergo, that "resume" was directed at precisely the kinds of questions which would be asked on the date/interview.

On the other hand, DUDE, that was seriously a womanish OP. I definitely thought you were a chick until you clearly stated otherwise.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:38 PM

10,427 posts, read 28,775,222 times
The one and only important thing to women you failed to mention. How fat is your wallet? Just owning a house and a car is not quite enough for most women and no where near enough for the best looking women.

You are obviously well educated. I admire that and hate stupid people. But, the truth is many really really really smart people are boring people. Some time ago Ann Landers did a national survey of the most boring person by job classification. By a land slide, Engineers were voted the most boring people.

Your short bio would catch attention by lookers and cause them to listen for more rather then just turn and walk away. At this point you have to turn on the charm and show who you really are by presenting YOUR personality. Not a fake one.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,259,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
The one and only important thing to women you failed to mention. How fat is your wallet? Just owning a house and a car is not quite enough for most women and no where near enough for the best looking women.

Nothing quite like walking in with a prejudicial stick to thrash about, eh?

Perhaps rather than lamenting the greed of women, a well-disposed man of whatever means are within his realm of capability would be better suited to interview his women with the same discerning eye he believes they use on him, ie., once you've caught her initial interest -- ask her what she has to offer YOU rather than allowing her to pose said question with you on the answering end.

As for those "best looking" women -- are you one of the best-looking men? If not, then shoot for women at your level rather than aiming for the stars with a slingshot.

If you ARE one of the best-looking men and a man of means, then until such time as a woman proves herself suitable, what the hell do you even care what she's after? If she's a money grubber then kick her to the curb and be rid of her, move on to the next until such time as you DO find a suitable mate, and THEN hang on with both hands.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:50 PM

3,486 posts, read 3,278,839 times
Ugot_luis, you sound too good to be true. Come clean now, why are you single? Are you really shy? Bad case of acne?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,501,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugot_luis View Post
1st time posting a thread curious about the result.(have fun replying and posting)

Would I be date material if I told you that:

I have a Masters in psychology and minor in Political Science,i'm Hispanic,
I have a College degree in Language : speaks and writes Spanish, French, English and Italian. I know how to cook, I know how to dance (Salsa-Merengue-Bachata), i'm about 5'9, i'm a Family person with few friends (quality over quantity), Owns my house and my car.

for personality I'm a Gentlemen who loves women speaking their mind and trying new things. I'm still Single

what is your awnser and your traits. Have fun!!

All you ever did was describe what you do and what you have. The personality has to kick in, then we'll talk.

By the way, I don't trust guys who claimed to be nice. I have to see that to clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships