Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:35 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times

Advertisements

Hello folks, the CD player is back.......just kidding.

Thought I'd "slap up" a thread for you good kind folks.

In my dating experiences with dating older and younger women, I've notice the Older babes almost never ask me about my career/job but the younger ones almost always "shoot off" that question immediately.

I've noticed since I've dated on both ends of the age group.

I'm 36yo so older, we will say, is 45 to 55 and younger is 26 to 36.

I think I know why, but it seems like the "older" 50 to 55 age group focus on morals/values and just developing good solid relationships. They don't seem to care to much about what I do as long as it's LEGAL, I take care of myself and I don't whine to them about my job if I dislike it. From my experience, at least the older babes I like, they seem to know how to live life more so than the younger ones.

I find myself never lost for words with that(50-55) age group. With the younger women, it always seems like a job interview/competition.

This thought occurred to me when I was asked by my "new friend" why I liked older women. She's 50 and she looks good. Anyone see The Devil Wears Prada, Meryl Streep has the look of my new friend. At least the hair style and elegance. I like the salt and pepper look. It's sharp.

Anyway, chime in........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
I don't understand why men are so sensitive about this question--what do you do. If I'm truly interested, I want to know. Not because I need your money or for you to take care of me because I most certainly do not. I ask because I'm interested in you, period. What a person does all day long is of interest to the average person. I've had guys ask me numerous times and it never bothered me in the least. Not all people who ask that do so because they want in your wallet. Not even most.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:44 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

In my dating experiences with dating older and younger women, I've notice the Older babes almost never ask me about my career/job but the younger ones almost always "shoot off" that question immediately.

I think I know why, but it seems like the "older" 50 to 55 age group focus on morals/values and just developing good solid relationships. They don't seem to care to much about what I do as long as it's LEGAL, I take care of myself and I don't whine to them about my job if I dislike it. From my experience, at least the older babes I like, they seem to know how to live life more so than the younger ones.

I find myself never lost for words with that(50-55) age group. With the younger women, it always seems like a job interview/competition.

This thought occurred to me when I was asked by my "new friend" why I liked older women. She's 50 and she looks good. Anyone see The Devil Wears Prada, Meryl Streep has the look of my new friend. At least the hair style and elegance. I like the salt and pepper look. It's sharp.

Anyway, chime in........
It's different times and different values buddy! IMO, the older ones know how to pick them better. The funny thing is older women and young women seem to be fine. It is the ones in the middle that urk ya!LOL.........

Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't understand why men are so sensitive about this question--what do you do.

is this something you encounter "in the wild" ? i thought it was just the complaining type that this forum attracts.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:47 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
I usually found older women to be easier going when I was dating. Half their life is behind them, they've had enough of the grind, probably have kids who are already grown, and focus more of their energy on enjoying life. The younger women are still ambitious and trying to get ahead in life. Perhaps unsure of what they want or looking for someone who is ambitious or accomplished too. If they are looking to start a family they want someone is going to be good family material. Most older women aren't looking to start a family, so they're all set with that stuff, they want to enjoy the remainder of their years and perhaps catch up on the fun they missed out on while raising a family or working on their career.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:48 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't understand why men are so sensitive about this question--what do you do. If I'm truly interested, I want to know. Not because I need your money or for you to take care of me because I most certainly do not. I ask because I'm interested in you, period. What a person does all day long is of interest to the average person. I've had guys ask me numerous times and it never bothered me in the least. Not all people who ask that do so because they want in your wallet. Not even most.
Exactly. Usually my follow-up question to "what do you do?" is "How did you get involved in that?" or "Do you enjoy it?" I've never asked to see his W-2s and the last 3 months' pay stubs.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:02 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Every time I have asked a guy what his career was or what he did, it was because I was either a.) trying to make conversation or b.) genuinely interested in what he spent 3/4 of the day doing.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:20 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Anyway, chime in........
So they don't ask you what you do?

I don't mind them asking. It's just when and how they ask that's key.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM

379 posts, read 512,556 times
I love talking with older single women. They really do have a great perspective on life. They are typically straightforward, laidback, confident, and know exactly what they want. So I know what you mean.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Fascinating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships