Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:03 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ahhhh.....just give'em some Dorrans! j/k
lol I've actually just "given in" before for a woman cos she was practically pleading with me, and I feel really awful about it afterwards. Generally speaking, my lust for sex is not as high as the average man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Thanks. That was my thinking. Also that I find that women want love first and then sex. With some men it seems to be the opposite.
Don't think there's anything wrong with the opposite either tbh, even though I oppose it myself personally. There's no right & wrong about wanting sex before love or love before sex - as long as people respect each other's wishes about it.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Thanks. That was my thinking. Also that I find that women want love first and then sex. With some men it seems to be the opposite.
Let's be honest about this here. Women do it too. When the guy becomes attached and thought that love was there and only then did the deed he is dumped for his trouble. Don't worry though, he needs to get over it!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:19 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
come on .. what difference does a good sex and a wild sex has anyway lol .. however im wild with the wild, good with the good .. i get crazy with the crazy, in the deep dark woods under the hood, as good as Robinhood makin' out in Hollywood lol Bumchika wah wah.. Bum Bum ! :P

Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
Which do you prefer? WILD sex with a stranger, or GOOD sex with someone who's crazy about you, and who you also love? Does the answer change as you mature? Please be frank.
I'm assuming that "wild" sex = "great" sex. If we're just talking about the quality of sex, and not cheating on someone, then I'd prefer great sex over good sex, whether I know the person or not.

And I'll have to admit, some of the best sex I've ever enjoyed has been with those I just met. But the VERY best has been with an S.O./wife. (I could add, some of the worst has also been with a wife.)

Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I think the question should be rephrased to a girl that we are crazy about. I am personally annoyed by girls that like me a lot of times. In my opinion I'd take a crazy night with a stranger. But I could also go to say I wouldn't care that much if I was crazy about her whether or not she was good in bed.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleguy View Post
This is just an internet forum. No one is taking this stuff that seriously. Its just a good debate.

The fact that you asked this question means you think its a possibility that people actually think this way. I'll help you out... normal guys do not behave that way. There is infidelity in the real world and its not because of what Oprah and the View say. It's not because guys want to have "wild sex with a stranger." That is absurd.

If someone is having "good sex" with a woman that loves him and he just wakes up one day and decides he wants "wild sex with a stranger" that is pathological. That's like me posting a thread asking whether 30 year old women like having sex with 15 year old boys. Its well documented that it happens but most of us with common sense know its pathological... not the norm.

Of course this all assumes both women have equal looks and the man is satisfied with his relationship. If the man isn't happy with the relationship then all bets are off. Same if the woman isn't happy. It is well document that women will have sex outside of a marriage, give birth and have their husbands raise their lovers child/children. Again you don't see me starting threads asking women which they prefer to do.

I assume most women are normal... Am I wrong?
Is normal actually wanting to settle down with one person or is that due to programming by society and religion?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I never initiate sex until we are officially girlfriend/boyfriend, and I've been disrespected and called every name under the sun [gay, insensitive, arsehole etc.] just because I didn't want sex as soon as they wanted it. I've said it many times before, most women want sex on their terms. They want to decide when to have sex, whether its after the 1st, 2nd, or 84th date. Now, if a man doesn't comply with that many women [not all] throw their dummy out and act like spoiled little children about it. The man's feeling on this is most of the time completely irrelevant. I mean, nevermind that he actually wants to get to know you FULLY and make sure you are compatible with him before he jumps into the sack with you.
I don't think that men's feeling are completely irrelevant, it's just that we women are programmed to believe that men are ALWAYS ready for sex, so it's never a matter of "if" but "when". It comes as a surprise to meet a man who says "no", especially if it's because he actually wants to get to know a girl.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Which do you prefer? WILD sex with a stranger, or GOOD sex with someone who's crazy about you, and who you also love? Does the answer change as you mature? Please be frank.
If you are having GOOD sex with someone you love, it's just as easy to turn it into WILD sex. Not even a question to think twice about. With someone I love.

Whoops....sorry - not a man here...

Last edited by ChessieMom; 05-08-2010 at 02:40 PM..

Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM

33 posts, read 55,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Is normal actually wanting to settle down with one person or is that due to programming by society and religion?
I'll answer you this way. Your question doesn't make sense. Its actually two entirely different questions. The first question is what is "normal." We can debate what exactly "normal" is but it isn't having a good sex life with someone that loves you but eschewing that in preference for "wild sex" with a stranger. Insinuating that its logical to think this is what the majority of men want is just male bashing by feminists.

"Normal" is societal norms. Sex and a woman's physical beauty is important to me and my male friends. But if one of my male friends was happily married or engaged or even dating seriously and habitually going outside that relationship for one night stands I would pull him aside and speak with him. None of my friends or coworks has ever indicated to me that this is something that they would do. So I don't know who these women are hanging out with... besides the hosts of the View.

The second question you had was why we arrived at our current social norms. I dunno. I can say that if a guy has a good looking girlfriend who he has a good sex life with he isn't going to screw it up by going out and having one night stands. C'mon most girls aren't that amazing in bed. How many times are you going to have to cheat to have one wild night? Again this isn't the movies... this is reality.

We are not Brad Pit. We don't have his looks or money. We can't simply leave our hot girlfriend at home and have "wild sex with strangers" with impunity. If we could we probably wouldn't be with our girlfriends in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships