Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:26 AM

283 posts, read 458,541 times

Advertisements

I think the reason why they are so many single women is that they ask too much. Their expectations are too High.

The reason that makes me think that is that I come from a South american background and my dad has 10 brothers and sisters and my mom too. Big Family.

My aunts from my moms side married men from north america (Canada) and i asked them how it happened. The overall story that they told me is that they got tired of the over demands of many north american Women they dated until they started dating women from other nationalities. One of my uncles is married to a russian woman.

From what is see about South American woman is that they put Family before work, They have beauty issues (need to be perfect even after they marry), More traditional values (more feminine don't mind letting the man lead as long as they have a say), Love to cook, are less materialistic, value marriage and treat men better.

For the North i'll let you be your own judge...

If you can provide a better detail about dating Foreign women Vs American woman add your reasons or Opinions on the matter...

Old 05-09-2010, 11:35 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post

From what is see about South American woman is that they put Family before work, They have beauty issues (need to be perfect even after they marry), More traditional values (more feminine don't mind letting the man lead as long as they have a say), Love to cook, are less materialistic, value marriage and treat men better.

If you can provide a better detail about dating Foreign women Vs American woman add your reasons or Opinions on the matter...
This is the part that stands out for me - yes, many women in North America have careers - and yes, sometimes we do that before we even think about having families. So sorry for having dreams and ambitions.

Sounds like South American women are Stepford wives...sorry but us North American women can think for ourselves and make decisions on our own - it doesn't make us demanding, it makes us equal to men. Which sounds like precisely the problem you have with N. American women.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
This is the part that stands out for me - yes, many women in North America have careers - and yes, sometimes we do that before we even think about having families. So sorry for having dreams and ambitions.

Sounds like South American women are Stepford wives...sorry but us North American women can think for ourselves and make decisions on our own - it doesn't make us demanding, it makes us equal to men. Which sounds like precisely the problem you have with N. American women.
He makes it sound that both North American women and South American women put family first while North American men and their southern counterparts do not.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
You hit the nail on the head when you talk about expectations.

In North America, most people have divorced getting their expectations met from any action that they might take to get them met.

They expect a good job but neglect their education. They want to live in a "nice" house but fail to budget and set priorities.

Women want a spouse who meets their expectations - after they are married - but put minimal effort into finding such men while single. There are exceptions, but they are increasingly rare. Instead, for most single women, finding a man is primarily about satisfying their superficial needs and building up their status. There is little downside to not thinking of the future.

In societies where things are closer to the line and parents cannot afford to have their daughters moving back in with them, such considerations are paramount. This doesn't make these women "Stepford Wives" but it does make the 30 percent of American men who will be good at meeting these expectations and largely ignored for their efforts at home, seem like a fantastic catch to women from other places.

Women can be bitter that these guys will not be around when they get into their late 30s and need a 3rd or 4th chance but they had first dibs on them.

As to the question: Are North American women too demanding?

Perhaps the answer is not demanding enough for the right things!

Last edited by NotARedneck; 05-09-2010 at 12:40 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default Are north american women too

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post

Equal to men until you go to divorce court, then you don't want to be equal any long, you want to be viewed as the poor down trodden wife that can't support herself. Please bear in mind, I'm not say this of all women, but a few have that idea in mind. The courts in country are still biased. My wife sees that and agrees with me because of the way her son is treated in an ongoing situation. One other thing I would like to mention, in some cultures the wife runs the household and the husband. I have a friend that is married to a Philippino woman, I pity him.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Equal to men until you go to divorce court, then you don't want to be equal any long, you want to be viewed as the poor down trodden wife that can't support herself. Please bear in mind, I'm not say this of all women, but a few have that idea in mind. The courts in country are still biased. My wife sees that and agrees with me because of the way her son is treated in an ongoing situation. One other thing I would like to mention, in some cultures the wife runs the household and the husband. I have a friend that is married to a Philippino woman, I pity him.
There are always exceptions, this is true. And yes, matriarch societies are common elsewhere...but they still run the household as far as I know, they don't necessarily work outside of the home.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
Totally agree 100%. I'll give an example too. There's this woman I've known since she was born. She's now 27. She's lived at home having her mother do everything for her, her entire life. She has no ability or desire to manage a household and yet she's getting married. She has no personality or interest beyond her career which is all consuming. She expects her fiance to cave in to her every whim and I know for a fact she's going to be vicious if he doesn't comply. I feel sorry for any children that might come along to this disaster.

She pretty much sums up the 'quality' you'll find amongst North American women of her generation.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM

275 posts, read 836,169 times
seems like there are so many posts about american women being terrible significant others and that women from so many other cultures are so much better. the thing is, the women in the other cultures are products of THEIR cultures and THEIR men. so if you're an american guy and you're interested in, say, an asian woman, you should realize that her behavior has been influenced by the asian men in her life (and probably the positive behavior you see in her was also shown to her by men of her culture).

Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
I think the reason why they are so many single women is that they ask too much. Their expectations are too High.

The reason that makes me think that is that I come from a South american background and my dad has 10 brothers and sisters and my mom too. Big Family.

My aunts from my moms side married men from north america (Canada) and i asked them how it happened. The overall story that they told me is that they got tired of the over demands of many north american Women they dated until they started dating women from other nationalities. One of my uncles is married to a russian woman.

This cliche' about American women being the antithesis of their "more beautiful, sexier, more caring, more family-oriented, more subservient" foreign sisters is so ridiculous.

When will American men learn to take a good long hard look in the mirror before they start throwing out the "Blame Game" and bashing American women.

These men are unrealistic in thinking that they "deserve" a smokin' hot supermodel wife who wears bustiers and stilettos in the kitchen while making him a hoagie and serving him beer. Yet these same men haven't put in the effort to make themselves such a great catch - they aren't the most loving, supportive, understanding, generous, fidelitous, financially stable or attractive men that they could possibly be.

Whenever I see threads such as these I wonder why so many American guys, whom many would regard as slackers, slobs and/or losers, seriously believe that they "deserve" to have a supermodel wife while they are living a beer and pork rinds lifestyle.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:49 PM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
I know some women (all countries) put their careers prior to their Family but the fact is that they want both and that they drag men into their career dreams and ambitions. If you had to chose your career over your children would you abandon your high status job for the sake of your family. It takes many years to achieve a top position in a good company. Biology doesn't wait until your career is at its peak - the more you wait for women the less fertile you become. Some are lucky to achieve both. I seems to me american women Prefer a Career and later complain about being single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.