Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM

687 posts, read 1,118,933 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that gets irritated by the noises my husband makes when eating and drinking? I just can't stand to hear the munching and chewing noises he makes let alone watching him eat. Had the same problem with my Aunt talking with her mouth full. Just bugs me! Forget about sitting next to him when he eats potato chips one by one savoring every crunch or pistachio nuts! Maybe my ears are too sensitive? When I was younger I couldn't stand listening to my Dad eat and starting eating in the family room on a t.v. tray. Does this sound like shrink time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 05:22 PM

147 posts, read 296,567 times
There are certain noises I don't enjoy as well...but I couldn't stand having to eat in another room from everyone else...

Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,930,787 times
I'm not at all irritated by your husband's eating noises. lol!
However, if it was my mate, I would have a low-key talk with him about courtesy in general and at mealtime in specific.
It soulds like you have some higher sensitivity on the subject, but talking it over seems like a reasonable start.
Ask your women friends to help you define the who and what that annoys you... I'd expect them to be honest with you. If you are being unreasonable in any way, they would be the ones to know!!
Good luck.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Well, be thankful, for when you're old and alone you won't have to deal with that noise.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
No. Don't waste your cash on a shrink. Just remove yourself from the situation.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
Am I the only one that gets irritated by the noises my husband makes when eating and drinking? I just can't stand to hear the munching and chewing noises he makes let alone watching him eat. Had the same problem with my Aunt talking with her mouth full. Just bugs me! Forget about sitting next to him when he eats potato chips one by one savoring every crunch or pistachio nuts! Maybe my ears are too sensitive? When I was younger I couldn't stand listening to my Dad eat and starting eating in the family room on a t.v. tray. Does this sound like shrink time?
You'd probably hate me. Coz when I was a kid, and whenever I used to come across people who used to get irritated at eating noises, I deliberately used to go near them and make as much deliberate chewing noises as possible

I was even adept at inventing new forms of eating noises

Old 05-09-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, be thankful, for when you're old and alone you won't have to deal with that noise.
That isn't funny and not something I would be thankful for.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
There are certain noises I don't enjoy as well...but I couldn't stand having to eat in another room from everyone else...
I only ate in a different room when I was a teen, much like my son does now.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Chowman, I need a partner in crime. How good of an eating noise do you make?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:55 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
No, you are not the only one. I eat very fast but I am quiet . There is nothing like hearing someone stuff their piehole crunching and chomping away. It drives me nuts also and so does the screeching fork on the plate. Damn, knock that s*** off already! The guzzling sound some people make when drinking is about as bad. I know I need help but damn, keep it down a little will ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships