Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It really is. I had dates whom were gorgeous, and dates whom were nerds. I'd take the nerds any day. The pretty boys can be boring.
There are good looking nerds.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It was a Rugged car joke!LOL........
Uh-huh...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
There are good looking nerds.
Hahahaha..............yes ...yes they are.....I'm sorry am I drooling? j/k...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
They aren't. Its just that you're more willing to put up with crap from a 'good-looking woman' than an 'average-looking woman'.
Why should men put up with crap from any woman? I don't dish out any crap but it seems like most women are just looking hard for any evidence of it and in the process really pile it on!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:07 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,527,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to wonder why I bother to date or even befriend any women who are less than 9s and 10s. Every time I give a 8 or less a chance they turn out to be either crazy or a seething mass of jealousy and hatred toward better looking women

It's like they've been dealt a less than perfect hand so they've decide to go through the rest of their life being angry. Either that or they overcompensate by demanding even more

Looking back over the girls I've dated and/or been friends with you'd think I'm incredibly shallow But I realize now that I picked those girls for another reason entirely! They were the nice ones, the sweet ones, the ones who were easy to get along with and didn't hate every other woman that crossed their path.

This probably doesn't apply to all 10s but it's easy to spot the ones who are really nice. They're the ones with few if any female friends. That's because they're despised and shunned not only for their looks but also for their charisma with guys. Since they haven't been able to make friends with other girls they're forced to make friends with guys, so naturally they become more comfortable with guys, and guys like them even more then they normally would.

These are the same women who don't like to be fawned over for their looks and often deemphasize their looks by wearing less make up. Since they need male friends they want guys to treat them like human beings, not trophies.

I've also found that these women have a certain vulnerability about them. You can plainly see how they've been hurt by the way they've been treated by other women. It makes me sad But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more
I don't know where you get these generalizations from. People are people. I've dated really hot women who are totally crazy and average-looking women who are also just as crazy (I haven't dated any "normal" people yet ). Yes, there are some average-looking women out there who have a chip on their shoulder about their looks and others who don't.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:14 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to wonder why I bother to date or even befriend any women who are less than 9s and 10s. Every time I give a 8 or less a chance they turn out to be either crazy or a seething mass of jealousy and hatred toward better looking women

It's like they've been dealt a less than perfect hand so they've decide to go through the rest of their life being angry. Either that or they overcompensate by demanding even more

Looking back over the girls I've dated and/or been friends with you'd think I'm incredibly shallow But I realize now that I picked those girls for another reason entirely! They were the nice ones, the sweet ones, the ones who were easy to get along with and didn't hate every other woman that crossed their path.

This probably doesn't apply to all 10s but it's easy to spot the ones who are really nice. They're the ones with few if any female friends. That's because they're despised and shunned not only for their looks but also for their charisma with guys. Since they haven't been able to make friends with other girls they're forced to make friends with guys, so naturally they become more comfortable with guys, and guys like them even more then they normally would.

These are the same women who don't like to be fawned over for their looks and often deemphasize their looks by wearing less make up. Since they need male friends they want guys to treat them like human beings, not trophies.

I've also found that these women have a certain vulnerability about them. You can plainly see how they've been hurt by the way they've been treated by other women. It makes me sad But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more
Odd. Many of the nastier, meaner women I've known were actually quite good-looking. And the scarier thing is that some of the ones who had absolutely no qualms to engage in vicious and brutal behavior were the ones who not only were pretty but came across as sweet.

A maxim I've heard since youth is that average and non-attractive women tend to be nicer because they lack the looks to attract men and therefore, to compensate for average appearance, they must be genuine and nice to engage men. Perhaps this explains why certain women who are very attractive are also vacuous, shallow, and even maddeningly boring. They may be great to look at but they are clueless, intellectually wanting, and poor conversationalists - even if they happen not to be b/tchy.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:36 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,164 times
I've never understood this seemingly new numerical rating system when it comes to someone's attractiveness.

No offense, but anyone that goes "she's a 8...maybe a 9" sounds like an idiot to me.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:43 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
You're not very tactful with words, are you? I've decided that tonight I'm going to take a cue from you and toss all diplomacy out the window.

Your presumptuous threads are tiring. I say this with all offense - you don't know $hit about females.

thank you, you took the words right out of my head

Old 05-09-2010, 10:49 PM

213 posts, read 416,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
thank you, you took the words right out of my head
and mine as well! the OP sounds quite immature and idiotic in his generalizations. he must be a very young man who has not experienced life much to be able to categorize women into such narrow-minded boxes. this is among the most ridiculous threads i've read on CD. his posts make TVSG seem like a relationship guru.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 PM

221 posts, read 364,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Because the good looking women have confidence backing them up.
Yes, but this is because the have repeatedly been treated better... because they are good looking. I.e. desirable as mates.

Of course the more average girls are going to be angry. There's no way for them to win in this contest.

They get second rate treatment and end up with the second rate guys.

However, some "10's" are also whacked too. Because attractive women attract all men, including some quite f'ed up ones.

So there's no free lunch really.

Women have it tough no matter how you look at it.

And then when the start losing there looks, unless they have found "the guy" that really cares about them, well, they all end up like the average ones.

Essentially child birth, child rearing and menopause ensure that they are all going to end up in the "less than desirable" category physically.

A tough row to hoe, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships