Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times

Advertisements

Absolutely not. Transgenders need to be placed in a mental institution. They suffer from a mental disorder called Gender Identity Disorder. If they can't even figure out what gender they are, how are they going to function properly in a relationship? If you have a male private part and male hormones, then you're a male. If you have a female private part and female hormones, then you're a female. There's nothing confusing about that.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
Just plain "no."

Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Absolutely not. Transgenders need to be placed in a mental institution. They suffer from a mental disorder called Gender Identity Disorder. If they can't even figure out what gender they are, how are they going to function properly in a relationship? If you have a male private part and male hormones, then you're a male. If you have a female private part and female hormones, then you're a female. There's nothing confusing about that.
Lets pull back that broad brush. We all face personal hardships and challenges. That doesn't mean we don't have something to contribute. One of my heroes happens to be transgendered. His name is Ben Barres (born Barbara Barres).

You can read about him here on the Stanford's School of Medicine website.

He's the chair at Stanford University School of Medicine of Neurobiology. His research, and that of his students, will no doubt play a role in the life of someone you love at some point in the future, if not already. He is a mover and shaker in our society and his existence will no doubt play a larger role in the aid of others than most. He does not belong in a mental institution. He belongs right where he is. I'm not sure how old you are, but if aging, degenerative neuro-disease, or Alzheimers' disease is ever a concern in your future, it would be in your best interest to have this person working for you than locked up somewhere.

That's not to say all transgendered people have such potential, but that they're like any of us. Some have more to contribute than others, and sexual identification, orientation, confusion, shouldn't matter.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i know this question is odd but honest would you date a transexual? As a straight man i wouldn't i would rather date a biological born female than a transgender, but i do understand that transexuals are straight not gay, gay date gays, lesbians date lesbians so the big question is would you date or do you find a transexuals attractive as you may find the opposite sex attracted to you?. i just need your opinions hehe
I've never actually dated one, but I've had many sexual encounters with M to F transexuals. To me, they are no different than biological women in terms of looks, the way they dress, act, and smell, and many even look far better than your average biological women. Many of you would be stunned at how passable many of the transexuals in LA, Vegas, Miami, and NYC are.

I've always dated biological women, but I would be open to the possibility of dating a transexual provided she was extremely passable.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I can't even imagine dating at all, after being married all my adult life. But I loved this article in O magazine about a straight woman who fell in love with a transgendered man (he had gone from being a female):

Falling in Love with a Transgender Man - Oprah.com

I think it shows what true love is all about....
I can't say I read it carefully, but I don't believe on all those pages she mentioned what's under that napkin after all!

As far as I'm concerned, Oprah can keep them and date them all!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,825 times
Hell to the NO!!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Straight genders would you date a transexual?
Some straight people actually have transexuals as a sexual fetish, but I am not one of them.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
Hell no. I actually feel that transsexual operations should be illegal, except in the rare case of people born as hermaphrodites. You live with what you were born with, no matter how much you dislike it.
I don't agree with that point of view at all.

Having known transgender people, I have educated myself to have a better understanding of their situation.

I suppose there are folks who are against surgical or medical remedies for people born with cleft palates, or co-joined ("Siamese") twins, etc. To me the triumph of an individual over a birth defect - and that is what transsexual people have, a birth defect - is a good thing.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,480,611 times
To say that any human desire is to be illegal is in itself insanity, I think. Who are you to know what someone feels, wants, needs or desires. Let be.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
There is a great variety of sexual acts 90% of men will do, even though they won't admit to it in from of their friends. Banging a TS is a mere 1 out of 100.
Expert opinion? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships