U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM

15,925 posts, read 19,448,550 times

Advertisements

100% never..

Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,495,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
90sman just does not believe transsexuality exists, maybe because it does neatly fit into his strict male/female dichotomy.
Well, this is a controversial topic that I tend to avoid because I don't mean to be hurtful, but male/female are primarily biological categories for me and yes, you're either one or the other. Likewise, you're a human being because your physical traits say so, no matter what your mind is thinking or whether it's thinking at all.

If you're an individual whose chromosomes, hormones and sexual organ distribution are the usual kind, your sex is clearly determined before birth. The fact that you get your penis mutilated doesn't turn you into a woman (a female), nor does any amount of surgery and chemical intervention you go through, your wearing high heels, etc. That merely gives you the appearance of a woman/female.

Then our society adscribes some qualities to men and other qualities to women. Men are supposed to behave like this, to look like that, to be attracted to the opposite sex, to be mentally different from women, to identify as men in every way. That's a cultural, entirely subjective aspect of the sexes that makes some people, IMO, feel out of place in their own perfectly healthy and functioning sexed bodies.

Those cultural notions are only that: culture. A man who's, culturally speaking, very feminine is still a man and a woman who's very masculine is still a woman. You're no less of a man if you like makeup and you're no less of a woman if you hate it (it's just an example). There are no degrees to being a male or a female. For me, intersexual cases aside, you're born one or the other. We're animals. Nature gives.

BTW our use of language is also cultural and subjective, which is why I see no logical problem or conflict in labeling someone a transexual, a man or a woman according to their self-identification, or in using (for instance) masculine pronouns when alluding to female-to-male individuals, even though their sex (again, a purely biological phenomenon which is the result of a series of prenatal combinations) never changed in the first place. It's a matter of recognition and courtesy.

And yes, I'd date anyone if we fancied each other. I'm not a label nazi

Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 AM

3,089 posts, read 3,471,331 times
No.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 AM

2,759 posts, read 2,674,573 times
No. Just. No.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:33 PM

6,035 posts, read 5,217,647 times

no thanks....

Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 PM

6,626 posts, read 8,676,203 times
Transgenders make me want to puke.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM

9,021 posts, read 5,744,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
I grew up thinking transexuals where gay, but then again homosexuals do not change their sexual organs making them a completely different agenda to transexuals.

I heard transexuals are either a girl or a boy trapped in the wrong body, so technically that does not make them gay, while gay people accept who they are, but have one thing in common with transexuals, they both are attracted to same sex but have a different gender, either feminine or masculine to be honest its hard to elaborate in these terms because both possess similar agendas.

i know this question is odd but honest would you date a transexual? As a straight man i wouldn't i would rather date a biological born female than a transgender, but i do understand that transexuals are straight not gay, gay date gays, lesbians date lesbians so the big question is would you date or do you find a transexuals attractive as you may find the opposite sex attracted to you?. i just need your opinions hehe
Absolutely not. The only point I want to add my answer is linked to the reason for my answer. WWJD? I know it sounds ridiculous to some, but why would any Christian ever date a transexual? And I could go further, but it would be off topic.

One more thing, as Bill Winston puts it, everyone else has come out of the closet....it's time for Christians to come out of the closet, too.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:47 PM

8,738 posts, read 7,394,162 times
I am not straight (bisexual) but I wouldn't date a transsexual b/c I would not want an emasculated man.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM

3,241 posts, read 2,350,822 times
No I wouldn't because someone who is really straight wouldn't date someone that has a willy because they couldn't have normal sex. Even a lot of bisexual guys wouldn't because they may consider it unusual and not arousing. I don't think I would even date someone who had an operation because it would feel odd since I wouldn't really know what to expect down there.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:07 AM

24,691 posts, read 32,155,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

no thanks....
What the, she looks like a pear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships