Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:51 PM

12 posts, read 13,093 times

Advertisements

I'm 44, never had a girlfriend. A friend of mine had a son a few months ago and invited me to be godfather. The godmother is a friend of them, she's 30 and we have met several times because of the baby of course.

I obviously don't know much about this but I think she's hitting on me. Even if it's a family/friends gathering, she never leaves my side, seems fascinated by everything I say even if it's something ordinary.

Now she invited me for a drink and I don't know how to politely decline without stirring much controversy. I say this because I'm sure my friend and his wife already know about this and I don't want any looks or inappropriate comments if I decline.

I told her I'm pretty busy so I would have to check my schedule before giving her an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 04:53 PM

291 posts, read 505,762 times
Are you not interested at all?

Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
Are you not interested at all?
She's very pretty and intelligent but I'm at stage where no such things have place.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
I would make time if I was you . Dam I hope I am not that old before I find a LTR with a woman .

Old 06-04-2014, 05:15 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideTank View Post
She's very pretty and intelligent but I'm at stage where no such things have place.
You could go out, and ask what her intent is. Is it 2 friends hanging out, or is she looking for something more? If it's the latter, tell her you're just not in a place for dating at the moment.

It is a bit blunt, and may be awkward, but it just answers your questions on her intent, and lets her know your feelings. No games, or delays, needed. But let her know you find her attractive, and intelligent, so she knows it's not her personally.

But just 1 suggestion. Someone else may give you a better one

Old 06-04-2014, 05:36 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,884 times
I'd do it man. I mean, keep her in the friendzone since she's your buddy's girl and all.

I don't know why but hanging out with women seems like something you need to do, even if it's a friend's wife. She may be able to hook you up with her social circle and maybe give you some advice you don't really have to ask for.

When my buddies visit I always hear that stuff from their wives.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
You could go out, and ask what her intent is. Is it 2 friends hanging out, or is she looking for something more? If it's the latter, tell her you're just not in a place for dating at the moment.
We're not 12 anymore. I would have a hard time believing a woman would ask a man out to play friends.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
You are 44. You should give her a try you aren't getting any younger.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideTank View Post
We're not 12 anymore. I would have a hard time believing a woman would ask a man out to play friends.
You'd be surprised. Many women on here get asked out, and they think the guy was just being nice. In any case, just tell her you aren't interested. No need for a song and dance. Hell, what can she do if you're not interested--except get over it.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 PM

173 posts, read 155,269 times
So at 44 you haven't figured out how to say the words "Sorry, not interested in dating right now."??

Honestly just say to her, "You seem very nice, intelligent and attractive, and I know we will see a lot of each other and I appreciate the offer, but I prefer to hang out alone and I am not interested in dating at all at this time."

Did you ever stop and think that maybe your friends are trying to set you up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships