Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Seems a tad extreme . Better to lose the loser and leave. I do realise people's emotions run high and they snap but that is really quite disturbing. It shows signs of an unbalanced mind IMO.

Surely if "revenge" is the motive there has to be more inventive and original ways to do it. Nowdays you could probalby humiliate him publically on networking sites, or make his life a living hell without having to resort to a botched Bobbit.
Do that and he could hire an attorney and sue you for libel/slander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,985 times
The concept of punishing a boyfriend/husband or girlfriend/wife for cheating or what ever else one could do wrong, is absurd.

The idea that a woman or man thinks they have some kind of given right and authority to "punish" their partner, is so arrogant and self-absorbed.

It says more about them, than it says about the one that cheated. In fact, it's a bit revealing as to the motivation of the cheating partner.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,110 times
You should bang his brother!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
It appears this happened in England and I don't know what their typical sentencing for violent crimes are, so it's tough to say if this was considered lenient by British standards.
This is actually surprisingly harsh by their standards. Remember this is the country that routinely gives murderers and serial rapists 10 year sentences in prisons that are like 5 star hotels. The United Kingdom (like most European nations) is very soft on crime.

If I had my way, mutilating someone's private parts would be a death penalty offense. Stabbing a woman in the vagina or hacking off a man's penis is just not right. Someone that sick can't be rehabilitated.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,621,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Do that and he could hire an attorney and sue you for libel/slander.
I didn't say it would right to do so, but that it would be a slightly less extreme way to avenge yourself against someone you considered a love rat.

I would personally prefer to be denounced as a cheating bastard than have my genitals mutilated. Libel laws mostly applies ( in the majority of cases in the UK anyway) if lies are being told . If you stick to the facts then you would be punished for telling the truth which would be rather odd...

I wouldn't see anything wrong with warning other women of the dangers. In fact it seems the only moral thing to do. I realise many people wouldn't agree, but I would prefer to warned if my prospective sexual/life partner was a cheat and a liar...

Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,985 times
I've never understood this desire...this need to "avenge" ....or to ....."punish" or ....." get revenge on" someone (whether it be man or woman) that you supposedly love; because some how....shockingly....they either fell out of love with you...or simply wanted to move on from you.

Seems to me that the most natural and common result of falling in love (or in passion), is for the love and passion to fade. And people become interested in others, afterwards. Or often, while still in the relationship. And that applies to both males and females.

So I never undertand all the hate, venom and desire to wound (whether physically or emotionally), injure or kill someone you supposedly love.

Or is it that for so many people, Love is only Love for the time frame that they love you back and want to still be with you. But as soon as the "love" starts to fade or disappear all together, it seems to turn to hate. Which indicates to me that it really wasn't love to begin with. Just a self-absorbed, self-worshipping, ego-feeding vehicle to appease one's sense of self.

Which really isn't love.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I've never understood this desire...this need to "avenge" ....or to ....."punish" or ....." get revenge on" someone (whether it be man or woman) that you supposedly love; because some how....shockingly....they either fell out of love with you...or simply wanted to move on from you.

Seems to me that the most natural and common result of falling in love (or in passion), is for the love and passion to fade. And people become interested in others, afterwards. Or often, while still in the relationship. And that applies to both males and females.

So I never undertand all the hate, venom and desire to wound (whether physically or emotionally), injure or kill someone you supposedly love.

Or is it that for so many people, Love is only Love for the time frame that they love you back and want to still be with you. But as soon as starts to fade or disappear all together, it seems to turn to hate. Which indicates to me that it really wasn't love to begin with. Just a self-absorbed, self-worshipping, ego-feeding vehicle to appease one's sense of self.

Which really isn't love.
You are very wise.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
I didn't read the article. What an idiot. This is wrong on so many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
For starters you don't "punish" a cheating lover, you leave them. The best revenge is living a better life without them.
Unless it is a woman being punished. You are so full of sh*t.

Quote:
Absolutely sickening how many white knights Cap Save-A-Hos there are in this thread trying to reframe his payback as something worthy of disdain. Had she kept her legs shut none of this would be necessary. Everything, and I mean E V E R Y T H I N G, that she was put through was of her own doing and well deserved. I fully endorse the man shaming her in public. In fact sluts need to be shamed more like this for their inappropriate behavior. What he did is gave her the modern day version scarlet letter. Sadly most people blame shift like crazy because society no longer holds people accountable for their actions. And most people here recognize that women are especially let off the hook in modern culture. If a man cheats is labeled a pig. If a woman cheats it's still looked at as his fault like he didn't give her enough attention, he did this, he did that waaa waa waaa. I don't buy it one bit.

The only way to hit home with women when it comes to this sort of thing is it to strike where it counts, which is first and foremost going to be their social standing. That above all else seems to have the most meaningful impact for women as they're so supremely more social than men are. Men you hit in the bank account, women their social status. Bottom line is we need to hold people accountable for their actions and the man did just that. GOOD FOR HIM!

Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,686 times
Shaming a cheater by making it known that they're *gasp* cheaters *gasp* is a far cry from bodily harm/attempted murder. Should people be punished in the sense many here seem to think? Not one bit. Should shame be inflicted? Sure, when appropriate. It's called consequences for their actions. Shaming one for their actions has historically be a great way to keep people in check with little impact to their well-being or ability to live life to the fullest. Embarrassment would be the best way of putting it. And lastly, the best revenge is living even better than they do.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times
Quote:
Shaming a cheater by making it known that they're *gasp* cheaters *gasp* is a far cry from bodily harm/attempted murder. Should people be punished in the sense many here seem to think? Not one bit. Should shame be inflicted? Sure, when appropriate. It's called consequences for their actions. Shaming one for their actions has historically be a great way to keep people in check with little impact to their well-being or ability to live life to the fullest. Embarrassment would be the best way of putting it. And lastly, the best revenge is living even better than they do.
Uh huh, yeah. What that guy did was not revenge, folks. Shaming is not revenge. You heard it right here from the foot-in-mouth guy.

Really, how do you wake up in the morning without hurting yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships