Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
If you two do divorce or separate, will your children still be in the local area or will she move them far away? So long as you have access to them and they to you, you won't be losing them. You've bonded with them up to this point and they know who their dad is, regardless if she tries to fill their heads with nonsense about you.
I don't believe she should be allowed to unilaterally decide where the children will be. I will file for full custody knowing that joint custody would be the realistic end point. I just want to make sure that their father will be the man who raises them. I grew up without a father (he died when I was 5 weeks old) and I think that is a major reason things haven't been right with me.

Quote:
One of the biggest fears men have about leaving their wives when there are children involved is having another man move in and become their step-father. Don't allow this to be the thing that keeps you from leaving. Focus on your own sanity and well being for now. The children are fine and they will be alright, regardless of who gets custody.
I wish I could be so sure of that.

Quote:
The only way you can work on your own happiness and well being is to rid yourself of the toxic elements that are monopolizing your life right now. One being the spouse. If it's not salvageable, then the longer you wait, the deeper you will sink into misery. Unfortunately there is no easy way out.
I really wish I could just up and leave and take the boys with me and be happy ever after.........but I know that is far from realistic on so many levels. Still, I think my life would markedly improve if she were not in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
What is the reason for the hate and discontent? Is this something that can be remedied? Will it be something that can resolved with help or amending how each approaches the relationship?

It cannot be remedied because she is not someone who can change the way she approaches things.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:07 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,675,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I really wish I could just up and leave and take the boys with me and be happy ever after.........but I know that is far from realistic on so many levels. Still, I think my life would markedly improve if she were not in it.
As much as you resent your wife, I don't think it's fair to deprive your children of their relationship with her, or take her children completely away from her. She's their mother.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,686,401 times
Quote:
It cannot be remedied because she is not someone who can change the way she approaches things.
There is your answer. I know that feeling. That sounds like my ex.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
As much as you resent your wife, I don't think it's fair to deprive your children of their relationship with her, or take her children completely away from her. She's their mother.
I would never ever even consider that, because I know how it was growing up with one parent. But that's why I said it would be far from realistic on so many levels for that to happen.......that was fantasy talking, not reality.......

Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,746 times
Quote:
I would never ever even consider that, because I know how it was growing up with one parent. But that's why I said it would be far from realistic on so many levels for that to happen.......that was fantasy talking, not reality.......
Well hey as long as we're talking fantasy....why not pretend she's Halle Berry...um no not her..too many issues...um Eva Menendez.

Sorry, Lucario, I couldn't resist...just joking with you. Hope you at least got a smile out of it.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,585,048 times
Get yourself a girlfriend already!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well hey as long as we're talking fantasy....why not pretend she's Halle Berry...um no not her..too many issues...um Eva Menendez.

Sorry, Lucario, I couldn't resist...just joking with you. Hope you at least got a smile out of it.

I've tried. Pam Grier, Raquel Welch, Zoe Saldana, Halle, FloJo, Christina Hendricks, Eva Mendes, Eva Longoria, all tones, all ages, the list goes on........then I wake up.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Get yourself a girlfriend already!
U dunno how much I've been thinking about that lately.......

Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,746 times
Quote:
I've tried. Pam Grier, Raquel Welch, Zoe Saldana, Halle, FloJo, Christina Hendricks, Eva Mendes, Eva Longoria, all tones, all ages, the list goes on........then I wake up.
Time for some "rose colored glasses"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships